Forum Christmas Party!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Margo

Forum Christmas Party!!!

Post by Margo » December 15th, 2010, 3:32 pm

In fine tradition, it is time to wreck Nathan's office with a wild party. Even better, it's a new office! Wow, corner office, perfect view of the Golden Gate Bridge, real leather upholstery, a replacement for the Mont Blanc pen we destroyed at one of the earlier parties. LOOK! The space monkeys have their very own adjoining offices! We can just open up all the doors and make one big party space.

Okay, so I've booked some tap-dancing reindeer for entertainment and got Cthulhu to put on a Santa suit. We can sit in his lap and tell him what gifts we want and have our photos taken!

Cheekychook, we're going to need eleventy dozen holiday cookies.

Oh, um, Nathan, I hate to ask, but when were you planning on leaving your office for the holidays? Why do I ask? No reason.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Down the well

Re: Forum Christmas Party!!!

Post by Down the well » December 15th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Margo wrote:Okay, so I've booked some tap-dancing reindeer for entertainment and got Cthulhu to put on a Santa suit. We can sit in his lap and tell him what gifts we want and have our photos taken!
I'm good with the reindeer, as long as they stay away from the spiked eggnog, but I am NOT sitting on that creepy guy's lap.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » December 15th, 2010, 4:41 pm

We'd better keep an eye on Watcher (hee hee - watching the Watcher) in case he gets crazy with the egg nog and starts building false walls with marker boards across the office. (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2974&start=10 for those who are lost.)

Oooh, look! Nathan's stash of cool tech gadgets!! I get dibs on anything involving a lightsaber, katanas, or any other ninja/Star Wars goodies.

Hey, does this lightsaber work? <whoosh zoom zoom CRASH> Umm...Nathan...I hope you weren't too fond of that lamp...
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 15th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Margo wrote:
Okay, so I've booked some tap-dancing reindeer for entertainment and got Cthulhu to put on a Santa suit. We can sit in his lap and tell him what gifts we want and have our photos taken!

I shall stand across the room and wave politely, but I'm not sitting on Cthulhu's lap. That way leads to insanity. I shall encourage others to do so, of course, for my amusement.

I will bring little silvery presents for everyone and fancy hot chocolate...to be spiked at everyone's leisure. Also: Mistletoe.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Margo

Post by Margo » December 15th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Well, it looks like Nathan's desk is great for tap-dancing reindeer, but the coffee table...not so much. Reindeer are much bigger in real life than in the animated Christmas specials. So maybe dios4vida could use the lightsaber to chop up the coffee table remains for the roaring fire. Got chestnuts!

I also got just over 5 miles of sparkly garland and 15 pounds of tinsel for the tree. Where to put the tree... It's kinda big. Maybe the skylight opens. Ooh, it didn't. Careful of the glass. On the upside I got a light-up angel treetopper that planes will be able to see.

Can someone get me a cup of the spiked eggnog while I open these bags of tinsel? Oh, or maybe the spiked cocoa! Oh, or maybe both! Nevermind, where are the punch bowls??? Oh, I see, by the 12 or so empty brandy bottles. Excellent!
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Quill

Post by Quill » December 15th, 2010, 7:38 pm

I say we spare Nathan's this time and adjourn to Margo's place.

WOOO-HOOOO!

Margo

Post by Margo » December 15th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Quill wrote:I say we spare Nathan's this time and adjourn to Margo's place.

WOOO-HOOOO!

LOL. I wouldn't suggest it unless you're Beowulf. My house is home to the Grendel monster, 130 pounds of overly affectionate bullmastiff.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 15th, 2010, 8:54 pm

WOOO-HOOOO!

But if we don't break into and party in Nathan's new office, who will?

It is like, our duty.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » December 15th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:

WOOO-HOOOO!

But if we don't break into and party in Nathan's new office, who will?

It is like, our duty.
I agree. Though I see no reason not to do a pub crawl to Margo's afterward. And I'm thinking Quill's place needs to be the stop after Margo's.
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

Down the well

Post by Down the well » December 16th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Margo wrote:LOL. I wouldn't suggest it unless you're Beowulf. My house is home to the Grendel monster, 130 pounds of overly affectionate bullmastiff.
I say stick a pair of antlers on him and call him Rudolph. He'll blend right in with the other reindeer.

Margo

Post by Margo » December 16th, 2010, 12:14 pm

Down the well wrote:I say stick a pair of antlers on him and call him Rudolph. He'll blend right in with the other reindeer.
HA! He probably would. Instead of tap-dancing, though, he'd be the one gnawing on an expensive piece of furniture because I forgot his yellow bouncy chew toy.

But wait! It's time for Christmas carols!!! How about "Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire"? "Walking Round in Women's Underwear"? "Wreck the Malls"? I know!!! "The Chimney Song"! Anyone around here do a good kid voice?

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » December 16th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Margo wrote:But wait! It's time for Christmas carols!!! How about "Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire"? "Walking Round in Women's Underwear"? "Wreck the Malls"? I know!!! "The Chimney Song"! Anyone around here do a good kid voice?
Nah, we've gotta do "The Twelve Pains of Christmas" cause that's my favorite! And then we need Alvin & the Chipmunks' Christmas song. SOMEONE GRAB THE HELIUM!! "Christmas, Christmas, time is here...time for toys and time for cheer..."
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 16th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Well Hellfire! Now I don't know where to Fed-Ex the Corky's (If you been to these parts and ain't ate real bar-be-que, shame on ya'); Nathan's or Margo's or Quill's?

Robin

Post by Robin » December 16th, 2010, 3:37 pm

My vote's for Nathan's new office. Maybe we can even surprise him at work and make him relive his days from The Village People viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2576

I'll even treat everyone to some TurBacon viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2866

RSVP, so I can place the order ;)
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Claudie

Post by Claudie » December 16th, 2010, 4:22 pm

Oh yeah, we definitely have to crash Nathan's first, and enjoy all the shiny gadgets. We can test if they're waterproof by dipping them in the brandy (oooh, wait, there's none left already!)

I brought some tourtière, a regional speciality. Imagine a freakin' huge meat pie, but with little cubes of potatoes instead, and the meat's from hunting. No, that's NOT where the missing reindeer went. I pinky swear!
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla