Addiction. I has it.

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
sierramcconnell

Addiction. I has it.

Post by sierramcconnell » December 1st, 2010, 10:23 am

So I'm sure there are other people who have an addiction to something while they write. Maybe they eat, chew pencils, drink, smoke, I dunno.

I find that when I'm trying to get comfy I have a pile of these babies. And when I'm into it, I've stopped going to reach for them, so they sit sad and forgotten, until I come up for air and turn and look and there they are for me to nibble on again.

I'm practically addicted.

Do you have an addiction?
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

Watcher55

Re: Addiction. I has it.

Post by Watcher55 » December 1st, 2010, 10:51 am

sierramcconnell wrote:So I'm sure there are other people who have an addiction to something while they write. Maybe they eat, chew pencils, drink, smoke, I dunno.

I find that when I'm trying to get comfy I have a pile of these babies. And when I'm into it, I've stopped going to reach for them, so they sit sad and forgotten, until I come up for air and turn and look and there they are for me to nibble on again.

I'm practically addicted.

Do you have an addiction?
Are they the soft peppermints? If they are, I can see how you could get hooked. I go here - allstarpuzzles.com or I work on my Freecell winning streak (I'm at 37 right now). (38)

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » December 1st, 2010, 10:57 am

Watcher55 wrote:Are they the soft peppermints? If they are, I can see how you could get hooked.
Yes. Each time I tell myself I will suck on them, but I don't. I chew them. I can't stop. XD
I'm on Tumblr!

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 1st, 2010, 11:03 am

I just figured out what XD is.

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » December 1st, 2010, 11:08 am

Watcher55 wrote:I just figured out what XD is.
It's a happy happy face. Like X3 is a happy kitty face and :3 is a kitty face and >:3 is an evil kitty bent on world destruction or Meow Mix.
I'm on Tumblr!

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 1st, 2010, 11:14 am

sierramcconnell wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:I just figured out what XD is.
It's a happy happy face. Like X3 is a happy kitty face and :3 is a kitty face and >:3 is an evil kitty bent on world destruction or Meow Mix.
My morning laugh, thanks

Cookie

Post by Cookie » December 1st, 2010, 7:06 pm

Swedish fish for me. I eat them until I have a stomach ache, and then I keep going. Because. I. Just. Can't. Stop.
Those soft peppermints are pretty awesome too. In fact, I may just have to go get me some.

Robin

Post by Robin » December 1st, 2010, 8:19 pm

Popcorn does it for me. I can eat an entire bag when writing. Write a paragraph, shove a hand full in my mouth. Write another paragraph, get another hand full...
Wait, the microwave just stopped ;)
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Margo

Post by Margo » December 1st, 2010, 8:27 pm

I guess I have to be different. Again. I get into the writing and forget about the snack I made or the tea I brewed. Not so yummy three hours cold.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm

Margo wrote:I guess I have to be different. Again. I get into the writing and forget about the snack I made or the tea I brewed. Not so yummy three hours cold.
Can someone cue the Twilight zone music again. coffee for me though, and the little buterfinger bars.

Margo

Post by Margo » December 1st, 2010, 10:44 pm

Watcher55 wrote:...and the little buterfinger bars.
Doh, don't say it! I love those little things, but I can't have chocolate anymore. *grumble grumble*
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Quill

Post by Quill » December 1st, 2010, 11:09 pm

ANY snack sucks down way too easy if I'm not paying attention. So I abstain while writing.

Steppe

Post by Steppe » December 2nd, 2010, 4:09 am

Nicotine and caffeine. I try to pace myself and wake up slowly while rereading what I wrote the day before and then easing back in.
I only smoke at home and feel bad for people who think that even knowing a smoker could cause the Men-In-Black to suddenly appear.
I have a naughty quirk where every time I hear of a tragedy I say silently; "If only they would have considered having a cigarette instead."

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » December 2nd, 2010, 7:42 pm

Hot tea. I can't seem to settle down for anything unless I have a nice big mug of tea. I also love having dried fruit on hand. Prunes and apricots are my favorites.

When I get stressed or stuck then I reach for the mug on my desk that hides my stash of Riesen candies. Chocolate and caramel...how can one go wrong?? The only thing better is a handful (or ten) of frozen M&Ms. <drool>...
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 2nd, 2010, 7:44 pm

RIESEN - Can I come over to your house?