"Interview with an Agent" - INTERACTIVE WITH SUSAN HAWK

Submission protocol, query etiquette, and strategies that work
Krista G.

Re: Blog Series: "Interview with an Agent" - SARAH LAPOLLA of CB

Post by Krista G. » June 17th, 2010, 2:19 pm

You're welcome, otherside89girl!

Just wanted to pop back in and mention that I posted an interview WITH NATHAN'S AGENT, Catherine Drayton of InkWell Management, on the blog today. Here's the link:

http://motherwrite.blogspot.com/2010/06 ... ayton.html

And Nathan's isn't the only big name on her list... :)
Author of THE REGENERATED MAN (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, Winter 2015)
Represented by Kate Schafer Testerman of kt literary
www.motherwrite.blogspot.com

Krista G.

Re: Blog Series: "Interview with an Agent" - LIVE INTERVIEW

Post by Krista G. » July 7th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that Taylor Martindale of Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency is going to be answering reader questions all day on my blog this Friday, July 9. I'll drop back in to post the link once the interview's up.
Author of THE REGENERATED MAN (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, Winter 2015)

Krista G.

Re: Blog Series: "Interview with an Agent" - LIVE INTERVIEW

Post by Krista G. » July 9th, 2010, 9:18 am

Here's that promised link:

http://motherwrite.blogspot.com/2010/07 ... aylor.html

And the best part? As I mentioned earlier, it's an INTERACTIVE interview, so if you drop in and leave a question in the comments sometime before five o'clock this evening, Ms. Martindale will leave an answer for you in the comments sometime today as well.

Krista G.

Re: "Interview with an Agent" - INTERACTIVE INTERVIEW

Post by Krista G. » September 3rd, 2010, 9:37 am

I'm hosting another interactive interview on my blog. Today's willing subject is Weronika Janczuk of D4EO Literary Agency. Here's the link:

http://motherwrite.blogspot.com/2010/09 ... agent.html

Ms. Janczuk has agreed to take questions through the weekend, so feel free to hop on over anytime!

Krista G.

Re: "Interview with an Agent" - INTERACTIVE INTERVIEW

Post by Krista G. » September 9th, 2010, 1:43 pm

I'm having another interactive interview tomorrow, September 10, this one with Barbara Galletly of Georges Borchardt, Inc. Ms. Galletly represents more literary and adult fiction (as well as some nonfiction), so if you have a question for her, feel free to drop by.

I'll also be hosting another interactive interview a week from Friday, on September 17, with Kate McKean of Howard Morhaim Literary Agency. Ms. McKean focuses more on commercial fiction, as well as most categories of YA and MG, so between this week and next, you should be able to target your question to a like-minded agent.

I won't post specific links to the interviews (since I already feel like I'm taking advantage of these wonderful forums), but just know that opportunity will be there.

Best of luck to everyone in their agent hunts!

Mira

Re: "Interview with an Agent" - TWO MORE INTERACTIVE INTERVIEWS

Post by Mira » September 10th, 2010, 3:21 pm

Krista, I don't think you're taking advantage of the forums at all!!! Alot of folks here are very interested in agents, and would love this information.

I think your interviews are terrific. The one you did with Nathan was so funny! :)

Krista G.

Re: "Interview with an Agent" - TWO MORE INTERACTIVE INTERVIEWS

Post by Krista G. » September 11th, 2010, 7:20 pm

Thanks for your support, Mira:)

Krista G.

Re: "Interview with an Agent" - INTERACTIVE WITH SUSAN HAWK

Post by Krista G. » October 8th, 2010, 10:29 am

I posted another interactive interview this morning, this one with Susan Hawk of the Bent Agency. She represents all genres of MG and YA. Here's the link:

http://motherwrite.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... susan.html

If you drop by before 4:00 p.m. EDT, you can ask Ms. Hawk a question in the comments.