Seeking general CP, or else a beta reader for murder mystery set at the Supreme Court

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
kendallkturner

Seeking general CP, or else a beta reader for murder mystery set at the Supreme Court

Post by kendallkturner » October 29th, 2023, 9:19 pm

I’m hoping to find someone (or a few someones) to exchange work with on an ongoing basis. I write short, speculative feminist fiction as well as novels in different genres.

At the moment, I am most in need of people who would be willing to read a 70,000-word murder mystery set at the Supreme Court. The novel does address issues of gender equity throughout, but that is not the focus of the book.

joanneodonnell

Re: Seeking general CP, or else a beta reader for murder mystery set at the Supreme Court

Post by joanneodonnell » November 29th, 2023, 3:11 pm

Hi -- I am new to the CP/beta reading process but have lots of experience reading murder mysteries (among many other genres) and have a particular interest in the setting of your mystery. I am a retired state court trial judge, so am quite familiar with the judicial world. (No murders happened in mine, thank goodness.) I have long closely followed both the work of the Supreme Court and its personalities. As a female judge, I'm familiar with gender equity issues in the judiciary as well. I would be pleased to give your book a read.

kendallkturner

Re: Seeking general CP, or else a beta reader for murder mystery set at the Supreme Court

Post by kendallkturner » December 4th, 2023, 11:20 pm

Amazing! Thank you so much. I’ll send you a private message about how best to send you a copy. And I’m of course happy to repay the favor if I can.

Theut1995

Post by Theut1995 » December 26th, 2023, 2:27 am

basketball random
kendallkturner wrote: October 29th, 2023, 9:19 pm I’m hoping to find someone (or a few someones) to exchange work with on an ongoing basis. I write short, speculative feminist fiction as well as novels in different genres.

At the moment, I am most in need of people who would be willing to read a 70,000-word murder mystery set at the Supreme Court. The novel does address issues of gender equity throughout, but that is not the focus of the book.
I'm currently polishing a historical fiction novel set in Renaissance Italy, exploring themes of female agency and artistic expression against the backdrop of a patriarchal society. I think swapping feedback on our works could be mutually beneficial. My WIP is around 85,000 words, so the length seems like a good match.