Looking for beta readers for a NA fantasy novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Timea

Looking for beta readers for a NA fantasy novel

Post by Timea » November 27th, 2023, 5:44 pm

Hi!
I have completed my second draft of my current fantasy novel and would love to get some feedback from beta readers before I go into edits. It's around 115k words long and there are a couple of things here and there that I know need changing.

Here is the blurb (it's not final):

In the bustling streets of the kingdom's capital, Kalia's life takes a sudden twist when caught stealing an illegal book, leading to her dismissal. Not wanting to burden her brother further and with no divine gift of her own, she reluctantly embraces a life-altering offer from a mysterious stranger—the second prince, Rohan—to work in the palace. As the royal palace descends into turmoil after the shocking murder of the monarchs, Kalia finds herself struggling to navigate her new role as the princesses’ maid.

Kalia's path becomes entwined with Rohan, as an unforeseen blessing grants her the power of an Animator—a skill to bring the inanimate to life. However, when tragedy strikes once more, and a princess is discovered dead, sinister truths begin to unravel. Collaborating with the prince, Kalia embarks on a mission to expose the ruthless King, plunging them into a dance of dangerous secrets and revelations.
Caught between fearing for her own life, the unwanted feelings towards Rohan and the desperate need to protect her only family, her brother, Kalia grapples with the true meaning behind her newfound abilities.

Had the gods truly blessed her, or does a much darker reality await?