Seeking 2 to 3 CPs for a Historical Fiction Novel set in AD 1450 Florentine Republic

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
abastos1022

Seeking 2 to 3 CPs for a Historical Fiction Novel set in AD 1450 Florentine Republic

Post by abastos1022 » July 3rd, 2023, 12:56 pm

Buongiorno!

I'm interested in long-term partnerships with historical fiction authors and would like to start by exchanging first chapters and reciprocating critiques. Anyone with knowledge of 15th-century Middle English or familiar with the history of the City of Cortona would be greatly appreciated.

My first novel is about the persecution of heretics by the Roman Catholic Inquisition, led by Franciscan friars. It is based on historical events of the time, and its main characters are:

- a noble-birth corporal of the People's Army who finds true love with an unhappily married cloth merchant;

- a young woman in love with the corporal since childhood;

- the wife of the cloth merchant, who is pregnant and wants to abort but can't;

- a cunning woman who helps the corporal and his lover;

- young men raised and abused by Franciscan friars;

- the convent's guardian who is a villain but also a victim;

- the burning of witches at the stake

Reach out for more information and to present me your work. I have experience with copywriting and editing.

Regards,
Andy Bastos
Armação dos Búzios, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Last edited by abastos1022 on July 27th, 2023, 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

abastos1022

Re: Seeking 2 to 3 CPs for a Historical Romance Novel set in AD 1450 Florentine Republic

Post by abastos1022 » July 26th, 2023, 12:10 pm

Thank you so much. I know what you mean: bots are a plague. I'm near finishing writing my novel and have only one CP so far. I hope to connect with quality people on your forums. Have a nice day!