New pictures of the sun

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Robin

New pictures of the sun

Post by Robin » April 21st, 2010, 11:08 pm

I wonder how many imaginations are going to be sparked by the new pics of the sun. They are mesmerizing.
Enjoy!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/21/solar. ... tml?hpt=C1
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

marilyn peake

Re: New pictures of the sun

Post by marilyn peake » April 22nd, 2010, 2:58 am

That is so incredibly awesome!
Marilyn Peake

Novels: THE FISHERMAN’S SON TRILOGY and GODS IN THE MACHINE. Numerous short stories. Contributor to BOOK: THE SEQUEL. Editor of several additional books. Awards include Silver Award, 2007 ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Awards.

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » April 22nd, 2010, 7:35 am

You're right. That is mesmerizing.
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

Jaime

Post by Jaime » April 26th, 2010, 6:13 am

Ha! I saw something similar to this a few years ago when I was working in radiation research. The then PhD student I was working with was selected to attend NASA's (what we liked to refer to in the lab as) 'geek camp'. He came back with a recording of solar flares - not quite as good as this one, mind you, but it was similar. We wasted a good portion of our day watching it over and over again.

Did I say waste? I meant . . . we studied it for scientific research. Yes. Research.

longknife

Post by longknife » April 26th, 2010, 12:09 pm

What the pictures don't show is the perspective - The entire Earth could be dropped into one of those without making a splash. Jupiter might.

I've long said that gloabl warming has nothing to do with man's puny efforts. It's all a matter of how that massive, awesome orb in the sky is acting up.