Just got a new puppy...

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
A.M.Kuska

Just got a new puppy...

Post by A.M.Kuska » March 23rd, 2010, 10:57 am

My writing has suffered tremendously. I've written 255 words over an entire weekend. All of those words written while hubby was romposing with pup. Despite the damage to my word count, he's a pretty cool guy. He consistently goes poo on the pad. (We're working on the whole pee thing.) He comes when called, and he follows right on your heels wherever we go. At eight weeks, he's already going for short walks in the woods and down the driveway.

The people who had him were very conciensious with shots, but not so good on worming. The poor little dude has one of the worst infestations I've seen. He's been wormed and is on a better food now. What a difference! Now if only I had that much energy.

Holly

Re: Just got a new puppy...

Post by Holly » March 23rd, 2010, 12:13 pm

A.M.Kuska wrote:My writing has suffered tremendously. I've written 255 words over an entire weekend. All of those words written while hubby was romposing with pup. Despite the damage to my word count, he's a pretty cool guy. He consistently goes poo on the pad. (We're working on the whole pee thing.) He comes when called, and he follows right on your heels wherever we go. At eight weeks, he's already going for short walks in the woods and down the driveway.

The people who had him were very conciensious with shots, but not so good on worming. The poor little dude has one of the worst infestations I've seen. He's been wormed and is on a better food now. What a difference! Now if only I had that much energy.
Good luck! I have two dogs and four cats, so I sympathize. You might have to write in a cafe somewhere. I don't do puppies. Too much energy.

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 23rd, 2010, 12:34 pm

Must update with pictures!!!

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » March 23rd, 2010, 1:44 pm

Yeah, a puppy post sans pictures is just about worthless! ;-)

Yay for new pets!

Mira

Post by Mira » March 23rd, 2010, 3:05 pm

A puppy? How wonderful. There is nothing in the whole world like puppy energy. Pure joy of existence and adoration.

I'm envious - if I could I'd surround myself with puppies and kittens 24-7. Have a great time!

JustineDell

Post by JustineDell » March 25th, 2010, 5:01 pm

A.M.Kuska wrote:My writing has suffered tremendously. I've written 255 words over an entire weekend. All of those words written while hubby was romposing with pup. Despite the damage to my word count, he's a pretty cool guy. He consistently goes poo on the pad. (We're working on the whole pee thing.) He comes when called, and he follows right on your heels wherever we go. At eight weeks, he's already going for short walks in the woods and down the driveway.

Adorable! I love puppies! I love all animals, really. I've got three little ankle biters, a cat, and two horses (no, I don't live on a farm...lol)

What kind?

~JD

http://www.justine-dell.blogspot.com/

"Three things in life that, once gone, never return; Time, Words, & Opportunity"

gonzo2802

Post by gonzo2802 » March 25th, 2010, 11:16 pm

JustineDell wrote:
I've got three little ankle biters, a cat, and two horses (no, I don't live on a farm...lol)
I read that wrong the first time. I thought you were referring to the cat and two horses as the ankle biters. I was thinking "how freaking short are her horses?"

JustineDell

Post by JustineDell » March 26th, 2010, 12:44 pm

gonzo2802 wrote:
JustineDell wrote:
I've got three little ankle biters, a cat, and two horses (no, I don't live on a farm...lol)
I read that wrong the first time. I thought you were referring to the cat and two horses as the ankle biters. I was thinking "how freaking short are her horses?"
LMAO!! OMG, seriously - that made my day. 3 dogs (ankle biters) 1 cat, 2 horses. Hope that clears it up. :-)
~JD

http://www.justine-dell.blogspot.com/

"Three things in life that, once gone, never return; Time, Words, & Opportunity"

r louis scott

Post by r louis scott » March 31st, 2010, 7:46 pm

Well, *I* just got a new kitty.

Old Tessie, a "third hand cat" we took in over 10 years ago wandered off a couple of weeks back. We looked and waited but I think it was her time and she knew it and wanted to go on her own terms. At least that's what I tell myself.

Monday evening, we adopted a little fellow from one of the local rescue organizations. We've named him Bagheera and he has already made friends with our dog and is comfortable with the run of the house. The easiest introduction of a new pet ever. I hope your puppy is as happy as Bagheera.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 31st, 2010, 8:19 pm

Okay, admittedly this is not the puppy of the OP. But this IS what my AGSD looked like about a month ago when we first got her. Her name is Nesta (Bob Marley's middle name or the Italian Footballer, both inspirations for the name).

I just noticed how dirty the floor is in that second picture. Blame it on the puppy.

I had never owned a full blooded German Shepard before and I didn't realize their ears are floppy at first. She used to do this thing when she heard something curious where she would put her ears together into like a big triangle. We called it Uni-ear. Wish I had that picture.

That's a nyla-bone under her right leg BTW, not a poop.

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 31st, 2010, 9:41 pm

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Cute puppy!

shadow

Post by shadow » March 31st, 2010, 9:45 pm

Cutness! How old is Nesta in that picture? I have a big white boy which was probably bigger than her when he was 3 months like a white puffy fur ball lol! He is an Akita.
All things writing, visit my blog http://arielemerald.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » April 1st, 2010, 6:14 am

Nathan Bransford wrote:Now that's what I'm talking about!! Cute puppy!
Thanks Nathan! She sure is.
shadow wrote:Cutness! How old is Nesta in that picture? I have a big white boy which was probably bigger than her when he was 3 months like a white puffy fur ball lol! He is an Akita.
She was only 8 weeks then. That was the day we got her. Akita's are so pretty. I bet your little guy is pretty cute too.

shadow

Post by shadow » April 1st, 2010, 12:58 pm

I actually used to have a german shepard but she was a mix with some other dog and just like yours when she was little her ears were floppy, she was sort of orange though with a white belly and white paws but when she grew her ears stood up very well. lol. German shepards were like sort of our family dogs. Most of my family kept them but when we saw that little I mean big lol white fur ball we couldn't resist!
All things writing, visit my blog http://arielemerald.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage