Combine the Last Movie You Saw and the Last Book You Read

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
JohnDurvin

Combine the Last Movie You Saw and the Last Book You Read

Post by JohnDurvin » March 16th, 2012, 12:34 am

I saw on some other forums where people were doing similar threads with video games and movies and TV shows and so on, and some people had some pretty cool results. My own example is currently "The Lorax" and "Tall Tale America", which isn't very interesting, but I think that's because it's a kids' movie and an archive of folklore, which doesn't quite lead to any cool synergy. I mean I guess the Lorax would have a thing or two to say about Paul Bunyan, but still, I bet other people will have cooler results.
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).

Beethovenfan

Re: Combine the Last Movie You Saw and the Last Book You Read

Post by Beethovenfan » March 20th, 2012, 2:12 am

I just finished reading THE HUNGER GAMES (yeah I know, it took me a while to climb on board that train)and last week I watched Terminator Salvation. Hmm, guess I've come into a dystopian phase of late.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Hillsy

Post by Hillsy » March 20th, 2012, 9:20 am

James Barclay's DawnThief and X-men Origins. Alas my brain barely has to get out of bed to combine those two.

A disparate group of warriors, each with differing abilities and backgrounds, work together and through their seperate internal conflicts to save the world. Combined with X-Men.......yeah, not much of a stretch really

AnimaDictio

Post by AnimaDictio » May 9th, 2012, 5:01 pm

The Avengers and The Collected Essays of George Orwell.

GaoYuQing

Post by GaoYuQing » May 15th, 2012, 10:10 am

Thor and "Before the Beginning." Superhero movie and book about quantum physics and astrophysics... >.> Though actually, they did have references to wormholes, etc in the movie...so maybe it's a better fit than you might think.

Gypson

Post by Gypson » June 1st, 2012, 1:23 pm

I last watched the 70s version of "The Great Gatsby," and I just reread "Tigana." Both were excellent. =)