Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Sommer Leigh

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 17th, 2011, 1:58 pm

dios4vida wrote:I'm not good at planning or organizing events (trust me, you REALLY don't want me in charge of anything) but I'm totally there as a cheerleader to encourage everyone and pass out virtual snacks. :D
Haha, wasn't it your post that started this? You're like, an instigator :-)

I cannot help myself when it comes to events. I see something that needs planning and I experience a sudden euphoria over excel spreadsheets and post it notes.

I am not so good with the details though because I fret. I mean, I plan an extravagant birthday party and then forget to make sure the birthday girl has the night off work. That is me. I work better with a team.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 17th, 2011, 2:06 pm

I'm up for joining the committee. As I mentioned somewhere--during my day job I advance tours, which includes travel, hotels, routing and contacting venues (in this case a hotel). So I can work on the travel details.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 17th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Ok, I'm not used to big organising -- which is ironic when you consider I do the NaNoWriMo's region organisation. I do have free time, however, and I desperately want to help with this. Like, REALLY want to help.

I can be the one who tries to keep track of everyone. I can note down who does what and keep the information flowing. Like the girl who sits on every committee without actually taking decisions. The all-out secretary. Which yes means that I can do the blog thing.

I can also work on the survey. I have a SurveyMonkey account, because it's handy for NaNoWriMo MLing, so it wouldn't be hard for me to wipe something up.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 17th, 2011, 2:25 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
dios4vida wrote:I'm not good at planning or organizing events (trust me, you REALLY don't want me in charge of anything) but I'm totally there as a cheerleader to encourage everyone and pass out virtual snacks. :D
Haha, wasn't it your post that started this? You're like, an instigator :-)

I cannot help myself when it comes to events. I see something that needs planning and I experience a sudden euphoria over excel spreadsheets and post it notes.

I am not so good with the details though because I fret. I mean, I plan an extravagant birthday party and then forget to make sure the birthday girl has the night off work. That is me. I work better with a team.
Instigator - that's me! I just stir up the pot then watch everyone muck around in it. Though, Sommer, if you WANTED we could say it was all a mistake and abandon the Forum Fest... ;)

And I love how you mentioned the euphoria of Excel. That's my husband. He's an accountant and he just loves to accumulate data and sort it and make nifty little macros to sort it even further. We even have Excel spreadsheets for some of our video games! (If you've ever played Elder Scrolls V: Oblivion you'll know that those alchemy ingredients SO needed to have a tracking system!)

Do we need to make sure all of the committee members have planning hats, too? Just to keep you in line? (Yours can be the biggest, though. :) )
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 17th, 2011, 2:30 pm

dios4vida wrote:Do we need to make sure all of the committee members have planning hats, too? Just to keep you in line? (Yours can be the biggest, though. :) )
One of my friend bought me a squid hat for my birthday. It shall be my planning hat.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 17th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Claudie wrote:
dios4vida wrote:Do we need to make sure all of the committee members have planning hats, too? Just to keep you in line? (Yours can be the biggest, though. :) )
One of my friend bought me a squid hat for my birthday. It shall be my planning hat.
*kinda jealous of Claudie's squid hat*. Although, I do have a really cool hat/fan that a friend of mine brought back from Thailand. That shall be my planning hat.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 17th, 2011, 2:34 pm

dios4vida wrote: Do we need to make sure all of the committee members have planning hats, too? Just to keep you in line? (Yours can be the biggest, though. :) )
Well, I DO get awful devilish when I have my hands on an excel spreadsheet.

I get this feeling that I am MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY.

Especially when I use the Filter button. *shiver*

So, ok. I will hand out orange planning hats to all the committee members. They are guarenteed to give everyone who wears them charisma +2.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » June 17th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
dios4vida wrote: Do we need to make sure all of the committee members have planning hats, too? Just to keep you in line? (Yours can be the biggest, though. :) )

So, ok. I will hand out orange planning hats to all the committee members. They are guarenteed to give everyone who wears them charisma +2.
Yes! I was low on my charisma.

trixie

Post by trixie » June 17th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:So, ok. I will hand out orange planning hats to all the committee members. They are guarenteed to give everyone who wears them charisma +2.
I want an orange fascinator a la the British Royals. Please. Thanks.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 17th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Cookie wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:

Yes! I was low on my charisma.
But, Sommer, what I really need is a Wisdom Hat. My Cha and Int are just fine, it's Wisdom I'm desperately in need of

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 17th, 2011, 2:50 pm

Claudie wrote: But, Sommer, what I really need is a Wisdom Hat. My Cha and Int are just fine, it's Wisdom I'm desperately in need of
Well, I will see what I can do.

*goes to do magic*

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 17th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:So, ok. I will hand out orange planning hats to all the committee members. They are guarenteed to give everyone who wears them charisma +2.
What about me? I want an Instigator's hat - +1 to everything?? Pretty please? It'll go great with my Duck of Doom (you should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon!)
Duck of Doom.jpg
Duck of Doom.jpg (5.46 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
(Great big kudos to whomever gets the reference!)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 17th, 2011, 3:00 pm

dios4vida wrote:
What about me? I want an Instigator's hat - +1 to everything?? Pretty please? It'll go great with my Duck of Doom (you should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon!)
Duck of Doom.jpg
(Great big kudos to whomever gets the reference!)
I haven't played Munchkin much, but that looks an awful lot like one of their cards.

Also, your hat will allow you to grant, 5/day, +5 morale bonus to any one roll. You are our cheerleader.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » June 17th, 2011, 3:01 pm

Claudie wrote:I haven't played Munchkin much, but that looks an awful lot like one of their cards.

Also, your hat will allow you to grant, 5/day, +5 morale bonus to any one roll. You are our cheerleader.
You got it! I love me some Munchkin. :)

WOOOO!! Thanks, Claudie! I love my new hat! <happy dance>

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 17th, 2011, 3:07 pm

dios4vida wrote:
Claudie wrote:I haven't played Munchkin much, but that looks an awful lot like one of their cards.

You got it! I love me some Munchkin. :)
Took me a while to place it. I recognised the art, though.

We should totally bring a bunch of board games. I have two that are easy to transport (Jungle Speed and Guillotine). Might have room for Zombies!!! and Humans!!! if I take the big ass trunk, too.

I call for a Board Games and Alcohol Night