Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Matthew MacNish

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 15th, 2011, 9:46 pm

YES!!! Thank you Nathan. My best friend's girlfriend usually picks by uniform color, and she often does quite well, so I may have to go with that.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 16th, 2011, 2:40 pm

Okay. So I made my picks. Not sure if I'll stick with them, as some are pretty bold, but I'm liking my bracket so far. I have one major upset in the first round (that's a loss by a 1, 2, or 3 seed). I'm curious if anyone else sees anything that big happening that soon.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 16th, 2011, 4:45 pm

NOTICE: Brackets be-aware, Coach K announced today that if doctors clear Kyrie Irving to play, he'll play.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 16th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:NOTICE: Brackets be-aware, Coach K announced today that if doctors clear Kyrie Irving to play, he'll play.
I'm still going to knock Duke out before everyone else. Mainly because I can't stand Duke.

I don't think the kid should do it. But then again my favorite team produces NBA players like whoa. As much as I want an NCAA title, it's not worth losing your planned career.

Mira

Post by Mira » March 16th, 2011, 8:59 pm

Well, I joined. But I can't figure out how to pick a bracket. It takes you to this really complicated page, and what are you supposed to do with that????!!!

I guess I'll just have to settle for the trash talking. I like the trash talking, so that works out okay, even though, once again, I see that signed galley going to.....someone else. So sad.

I'll be back later to do the trash talking.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 16th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Mira wrote:Well, I joined. But I can't figure out how to pick a bracket. It takes you to this really complicated page, and what are you supposed to do with that????!!!

I guess I'll just have to settle for the trash talking. I like the trash talking, so that works out okay, even though, once again, I see that signed galley going to.....someone else. So sad.

I'll be back later to do the trash talking.
Mira,

If you want to get in, email me. I'll be at work tomorrow morning by 6AM eastern and can lend a hand with screenshots and everything. If you're interest. It's really fun.

Oh, my email is on my blogger account.

Matt

Karen77

Post by Karen77 » March 17th, 2011, 12:22 am

I fully expect to finish in last place, but I decided to make my picks anyway. Haven't done this in years!

ginnymartyn

Post by ginnymartyn » March 17th, 2011, 6:31 am

Jim Rome told me who to pick. IT.IS.ON.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 7:19 am

Jim Rome? LOL, he sure is funny. As long as you don't listen to President Obama, you should be fine.

Four number one seeds in the final four Barack? Come on.

Mira

Post by Mira » March 17th, 2011, 10:10 am

Matthew, that is very sweet of you! Thank you! :)

I was definitely going to take you up on it, but my workplace won't let me into ESPN. So, sadly, I think it's just not meant to be.

Next year, if you're still available, I'll grab you early on, and you can show me how to navigate!

In the meantime, I'll have to settle for trash talking. I like the trash talking. I wish Nathan would give a signed galley to the best trash talker, I might have a shot at that.

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » March 17th, 2011, 10:27 am

oh jiminey christmas! i have all the number 1 seeds making it to the final four too. oh crud- i didn't realize that....
well, come on pres, we can do it!
we started a family group! it's so fun to see my little boys so excited about the games! and funny to read their selections- fiveyearold Jude has Princeton winning it all. if he wins... that would be so wierd.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 10:28 am

aspiring_x wrote:oh jiminey christmas! i have all the number 1 seeds making it to the final four too. oh crud- i didn't realize that....
well, come on pres, we can do it!
we started a family group! it's so fun to see my little boys so excited about the games! and funny to read their selections- fiveyearold Jude has Princeton winning it all. if he wins... that would be so wierd.
LOL, don't worry Vic, pres actually knows his college b-ball pretty well, so you may do just fine.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Nathan: Ohio State and Pitt, with no one scoring more than 70, in the final? Very interesting.

Bryan has a 1, 2, 4 and a 6 in the final four. That's what I call courage.

I find Vic's (Aspiring_X) trust in Georgia nice and quaint. I live in Atlanta, so I'm sure the local radio will be ecstatic if you're right.

And I'm glad to see Ted put his faith in SDSU. Any other region and I would have put them in the final four.

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » March 17th, 2011, 3:01 pm

I would like to take this moment to congratulate the 78 people who are tied for 1st place, however long it may last. Haha.

CV

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 17th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Seriously folks I almost put Morehead beating Louisville (because I LOVE Morehead and HATE Louisville) but my dad talked me out it.

I'd be angry but I'm too happy!