Forum Christmas Party!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Watcher55

Re: Forum Christmas Party!!!

Post by Watcher55 » December 20th, 2010, 9:28 am

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Maaaaate, I don't even know anymore! I've had way too many pales, and I can barely understand your Russian/Australian accent. XD . . .

*falls off chair*

*rights Jaime back into her chair. Props her against future falls.*

You know what would make this christmas celebration the best? *dreamy* Chestnuts roasting over an open fire, that's what. Who's with me? I'll make the kindling.
Aw'ight. C'mon y'all let's clear a spot in the middle of the room.

Margo

Post by Margo » December 20th, 2010, 11:08 am

It's about time you were all introduced to the best alcoholic beverage EVER, so may I present...Los Californios pomegranate mead. As I learned to drink in the UK, the rule is always minimum one bottle per person. The normal mead is also good when spiced! Sommer, can I use the fire to heat the spiced mead? And did you see the chopped up coffee table - er - I mean the kindling over in the corner?

Are we going to sit around the fire singing??? I still want to get a group sing-along for 'Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire". Or maybe we can quote Christmas movies while we roast the chestnuts! If there's any helium left, we can turn our voices all chipmunky and see what our favorite Christmas movie would be like if it starred Alvin and the Chipmunks!
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 20th, 2010, 11:15 am

Margo wrote:It's about time you were all introduced to the best alcoholic beverage EVER, so may I present...Los Californios pomegranate mead. As I learned to drink in the UK, the rule is always minimum one bottle per person. The normal mead is also good when spiced! Sommer, can I use the fire to heat the spiced mead? And did you see the chopped up coffee table - er - I mean the kindling over in the corner?

Are we going to sit around the fire singing??? I still want to get a group sing-along for 'Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire". Or maybe we can quote Christmas movies while we roast the chestnuts! If there's any helium left, we can turn our voices all chipmunky and see what our favorite Christmas movie would be like if it starred Alvin and the Chipmunks!
*piles the coffee table/kindling/definintely not important papers. Lights fire.*

Heat the mead, then we sing! The mead will give us a +5 to singing and all our perceived charisma checks.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Fenris

Post by Fenris » December 20th, 2010, 4:00 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:The mead will give us a +5 to singing and all our perceived charisma checks.
Don't forget persuasion.
Hi, my name's Fenris. I'm a thousand-year-old monster who's broken free to destroy the world. Your kids will love me!

Margo

Post by Margo » December 20th, 2010, 4:03 pm

Fenris wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:The mead will give us a +5 to singing and all our perceived charisma checks.
Don't forget persuasion.
But it also includes a -5 to pick pocket.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » December 20th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Margo wrote:
Fenris wrote:
Don't forget persuasion.
But it also includes a -5 to pick pocket.
Each bottle of mead is an automatic -50 to inhibitions and +20 to sex appeal, didn't anyone tell you that?? (Bad DM!)

I think Jaime burned one of Cthuhlhu Santa's tentacles when she fell off her chair. He's now demanding another soul but says Aussies taste funny. Any volunteers?
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Jaime

Post by Jaime » December 20th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Watcher55 wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Maaaaate, I don't even know anymore! I've had way too many pales, and I can barely understand your Russian/Australian accent. XD . . .

*falls off chair*

*rights Jaime back into her chair. Props her against future falls.*

You know what would make this christmas celebration the best? *dreamy* Chestnuts roasting over an open fire, that's what. Who's with me? I'll make the kindling.
Aw'ight. C'mon y'all let's clear a spot in the middle of the room.

*Slurs* Awwww, you guys are the greatest . . . .

Remember when . . . Bruce was in that movie, and he had to run over the glass . . . *hiccup* . . . with no shoes on? That was cool. And I was all like, "EMILIOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" . . .

Oh no, wait . . . that was two different movies. *hiccup*

*slurs* Did I ever tell you that you guys are the greatest . . . ? XD

Down the well

Post by Down the well » December 20th, 2010, 4:59 pm

Let me just preface by saying I'm an admitted skimmer.

dios4vida wrote:I think Jaime burned one of Cthuhlhu Santa's tentacles when she fell off her chair.

The first time I read this I thought it said "Ctuhlhu Santa's testicle". *blush*

Fenris

Post by Fenris » December 20th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Down the well wrote:
dios4vida wrote:I think Jaime burned one of Cthuhlhu Santa's tentacles when she fell off her chair.

The first time I read this I thought it said "Ctuhlhu Santa's testicle". *blush*
Something tells me one soul would not be enough to sate his bloodlust if that were the case.
Hi, my name's Fenris. I'm a thousand-year-old monster who's broken free to destroy the world. Your kids will love me!

Margo

Post by Margo » December 20th, 2010, 5:38 pm

dios4vida wrote:I think Jaime burned one of Cthuhlhu Santa's tentacles when she fell off her chair. He's now demanding another soul but says Aussies taste funny. Any volunteers?
Oh dear. And I'm out of sugar-free peeps. Lemon bars, perhaps?

(Anyone get the lemon bar reference? Anyone?)

In the meantime, I've set him up in the corner with a bottle of mead and a bowl of warm chestnuts.

Pssst, I hear that if we sing "Deck the Halls" backwards, it banishes him.

Down the well

Post by Down the well » December 21st, 2010, 2:17 pm

Margo wrote:Oh dear. And I'm out of sugar-free peeps. Lemon bars, perhaps?

(Anyone get the lemon bar reference? Anyone?)
Uh, no. But I'm happy to sing. "Kced eht sllah htiw swob fo ylloh, af al al al al al al al al..."

Is he gone yet?

Fenris

Post by Fenris » December 21st, 2010, 2:50 pm

Down the well wrote:"Kced eht sllah htiw swob fo ylloh, af al al al al al al al al..."
Haha this reminded me of Rowling's Mirror of Erised. How did that happen?

Maybe because "Erised" is just "desire" backward. They really are related!

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 21st, 2010, 3:22 pm

ia ia cthulhu fhtagn!!!
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Margo

Post by Margo » December 22nd, 2010, 11:50 am

Was the mead too much for you, people? Have you all joined Jaime propped up against a wall in various states of unconsciousness? I just got back from buying all these Christmas lights! Let's do this, people! A light display visible from orbit!!!

Oh, and there's a fresh punchbowl of spiked eggnog in the corner.

Did I miss the sleigh races? I was festooning Grendel in metallic garland so he'd stand out in the race.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 22nd, 2010, 1:29 pm

<Watcher passes the clear bottle of corn squeezins to Fenris who seizes the opportunity to take a swig and pass it to Sommer before Margo turns around>