Addiction. I has it.

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself

Addiction. I has it.

Postby sierramcconnell » 01 Dec 2010, 08:23

So I'm sure there are other people who have an addiction to something while they write. Maybe they eat, chew pencils, drink, smoke, I dunno.

I find that when I'm trying to get comfy I have a pile of these babies. And when I'm into it, I've stopped going to reach for them, so they sit sad and forgotten, until I come up for air and turn and look and there they are for me to nibble on again.

I'm practically addicted.

Do you have an addiction?
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.
sierramcconnell

Re: Addiction. I has it.

Postby Watcher55 » 01 Dec 2010, 08:51

sierramcconnell wrote:So I'm sure there are other people who have an addiction to something while they write. Maybe they eat, chew pencils, drink, smoke, I dunno.

I find that when I'm trying to get comfy I have a pile of these babies. And when I'm into it, I've stopped going to reach for them, so they sit sad and forgotten, until I come up for air and turn and look and there they are for me to nibble on again.

I'm practically addicted.

Do you have an addiction?

Are they the soft peppermints? If they are, I can see how you could get hooked. I go here - [url]allstarpuzzles.com[/url] or I work on my Freecell winning streak (I'm at 37 right now). (38)
Watcher55

Postby sierramcconnell » 01 Dec 2010, 08:57

Watcher55 wrote:Are they the soft peppermints? If they are, I can see how you could get hooked.

Yes. Each time I tell myself I will suck on them, but I don't. I chew them. I can't stop. XD
I'm on Tumblr!

sierramcconnell

Postby Watcher55 » 01 Dec 2010, 09:03

I just figured out what XD is.
Watcher55

Postby sierramcconnell » 01 Dec 2010, 09:08

Watcher55 wrote:I just figured out what XD is.

It's a happy happy face. Like X3 is a happy kitty face and :3 is a kitty face and >:3 is an evil kitty bent on world destruction or Meow Mix.
I'm on Tumblr!

sierramcconnell

Postby Watcher55 » 01 Dec 2010, 09:14

sierramcconnell wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:I just figured out what XD is.

It's a happy happy face. Like X3 is a happy kitty face and :3 is a kitty face and >:3 is an evil kitty bent on world destruction or Meow Mix.

My morning laugh, thanks
Watcher55

Postby Cookie » 01 Dec 2010, 17:06

Swedish fish for me. I eat them until I have a stomach ache, and then I keep going. Because. I. Just. Can't. Stop.
Those soft peppermints are pretty awesome too. In fact, I may just have to go get me some.
Cookie

Postby Robin » 01 Dec 2010, 18:19

Popcorn does it for me. I can eat an entire bag when writing. Write a paragraph, shove a hand full in my mouth. Write another paragraph, get another hand full...
Wait, the microwave just stopped ;)
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/
Robin

Postby Margo » 01 Dec 2010, 18:27

I guess I have to be different. Again. I get into the writing and forget about the snack I made or the tea I brewed. Not so yummy three hours cold.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/
Margo

Postby Watcher55 » 01 Dec 2010, 18:52

Margo wrote:I guess I have to be different. Again. I get into the writing and forget about the snack I made or the tea I brewed. Not so yummy three hours cold.

Can someone cue the Twilight zone music again. coffee for me though, and the little buterfinger bars.
Watcher55

Postby Margo » 01 Dec 2010, 20:44

Watcher55 wrote:...and the little buterfinger bars.

Doh, don't say it! I love those little things, but I can't have chocolate anymore. *grumble grumble*
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/
Margo

Postby Quill » 01 Dec 2010, 21:09

ANY snack sucks down way too easy if I'm not paying attention. So I abstain while writing.
Quill

Postby Steppe » 02 Dec 2010, 02:09

Nicotine and caffeine. I try to pace myself and wake up slowly while rereading what I wrote the day before and then easing back in.
I only smoke at home and feel bad for people who think that even knowing a smoker could cause the Men-In-Black to suddenly appear.
I have a naughty quirk where every time I hear of a tragedy I say silently; "If only they would have considered having a cigarette instead."
Steppe

Postby dios4vida » 02 Dec 2010, 17:42

Hot tea. I can't seem to settle down for anything unless I have a nice big mug of tea. I also love having dried fruit on hand. Prunes and apricots are my favorites.

When I get stressed or stuck then I reach for the mug on my desk that hides my stash of Riesen candies. Chocolate and caramel...how can one go wrong?? The only thing better is a handful (or ten) of frozen M&Ms. <drool>...
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson
dios4vida

Postby Watcher55 » 02 Dec 2010, 17:44

RIESEN - Can I come over to your house?
Watcher55

Next

Return to All Things Procrastination