Silly things we think about

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Watcher55

Re: Stupid things we think about

Post by Watcher55 » December 7th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Fenris wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:I'm making cookies (the toll house kind with wal nuts) and it's the first time I'm not cutting them off of a premixed log. I got to the florist just in time. She had exactly 2 1/4 cups of flower.
I'm not sure whether to laugh or gouge my eyes out...
Don't gouge your eyes out dude. I have all the ingredients I need. 'Preciate ya though.

aduson

Post by aduson » December 8th, 2010, 1:13 pm

Considering "I Wish" should be my middle name, I wonder what I'd see if I looked in the Mirror of Erised?
You have to grow up before you can grow old. - Allie

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 8th, 2010, 1:56 pm

aduson wrote:Considering "I Wish" should be my middle name, I wonder what I'd see if I looked in the Mirror of Erised?
Your latest work in hardback?

steve

Post by steve » December 8th, 2010, 2:16 pm

I was thinking it would be fun to fill the exhaust pipe of this loud car in my neighborhood with eggs, just to see if the mongoloid who owns said car would eat the ensuing omelet.
Read one of the best stories by Borges.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 8th, 2010, 3:25 pm

steve wrote:I was thinking it would be fun to fill the exhaust pipe of this loud car in my neighborhood with eggs, just to see if the mongoloid who owns said car would eat the ensuing omelet.
You can't make an omelette without cheese. Cheddar for me.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 8th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Touchless soap dispensers puzzle me. Does it really matter what you touch BEFORE you wash your hands?

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 9th, 2010, 9:10 am

Mira wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:Ahh, the pitfalls of trial and error; but maybe the emporer was looking for a new cook and puffer fish was the Iron Chef-esque audition dish. "If you can eat your creation without dying, you're hired."
Yes, but how did they even know there was a way to eat it without dying????? I'm serious when I say I think about this ALOT. It sort of drives me nuts.
I think about these kinds of things all the time. Especially when it comes to food. Like, what could possibly have motivated that first person who saw a chicken essentially drop an egg from its bottom and think, "Man, I'm totally going to eat that thing."
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 9th, 2010, 9:12 am

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Mira wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:Ahh, the pitfalls of trial and error; but maybe the emporer was looking for a new cook and puffer fish was the Iron Chef-esque audition dish. "If you can eat your creation without dying, you're hired."
Yes, but how did they even know there was a way to eat it without dying????? I'm serious when I say I think about this ALOT. It sort of drives me nuts.
I think about these kinds of things all the time. Especially when it comes to food. Like, what could possibly have motivated that first person who saw a chicken essentially drop an egg from its bottom and think, "Man, I'm totally going to eat that thing."
Before breakfast - really? I can't stop laughing.

Watcher55

Re: Silly things we think about

Post by Watcher55 » December 15th, 2010, 7:11 pm

How long are the [bot] brothers going to be allowed to lurk without posting?

Claudie

Post by Claudie » December 16th, 2010, 4:29 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:I think about these kinds of things all the time. Especially when it comes to food. Like, what could possibly have motivated that first person who saw a chicken essentially drop an egg from its bottom and think, "Man, I'm totally going to eat that thing."
OMG, Sommer, that is so true. So true. XD
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Jaime

Post by Jaime » December 19th, 2010, 9:10 am

Claudie wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:I think about these kinds of things all the time. Especially when it comes to food. Like, what could possibly have motivated that first person who saw a chicken essentially drop an egg from its bottom and think, "Man, I'm totally going to eat that thing."
OMG, Sommer, that is so true. So true. XD

Hahahahaaaa! It was probably the same person who thought eating snails seemed like a good idea. OR, maybe it was a trick they played on the village/cave idiot, but said idiot had the last laugh! :D

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » January 4th, 2011, 12:37 am

Like a bad penny. It's back.

This one's been buggin' me. What's a chook? (maybe cheeky won't answer right off)

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » January 4th, 2011, 8:36 am

Watcher55 wrote:Like a bad penny. It's back.

This one's been buggin' me. What's a chook? (maybe cheeky won't answer right off)

It's an Australian word for chicken. I used to follow an Australian blog about gardening and the blogger kept chooks. That's how I learned.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » January 4th, 2011, 9:02 am

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:Like a bad penny. It's back.

It's an Australian word for chicken. I used to follow an Australian blog about gardening and the blogger kept chooks. That's how I learned.
Ohhh, nope, nope, nope. Can't be that. Chickens got no cheeks! Ipso facto Q.E.D. So it is proven and all that. You'll have to try harder than that to trick me!

Cookie

Post by Cookie » January 4th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Mira wrote:
I also ponder those things a lot. I wonder who first thought to cook food. I imagine it went something like this: Oh, crap. I dropped my mastodon in the fire! But it is delicious! Now, pass the pepper.