Forum game: Random facts about you

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Bryan Russell/Ink

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » June 29th, 2010, 2:18 pm

No structural damage, luckily. Let us say we have one hell of a burn pile in the corner of our yard, though.
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

Holly

Post by Holly » June 29th, 2010, 2:23 pm

Bryan Russell/Ink wrote:My house was hit by a tornado. On Sunday. Looks like a giant weedwhacker went through our trees.
That's awful, but thank goodness you and your family are okay. Tornadoes are terrifying.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » June 29th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Claudie wrote:
charlotte49ers wrote:I can also fold my tongue in half and learned how at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum.
Random fact, but not about me: The ability to create an "U" with your tongue is a dominant gene. If one of your parent can, chances are you can too.
I actually knew that, which is why I wasn't surprised when my little man started doing it the other day. lol

This is what I can do, though:

And that's awful about the tornado!! Holy crap!

dios, we bought 80 acres that is split up into tracks, so we will be neighbors with all of our in-laws. And I can't WAIT! It's nice when people actually like their families. :D

Holly

Post by Holly » June 29th, 2010, 4:07 pm

charlotte49ers wrote:
Claudie wrote:
charlotte49ers wrote:I can also fold my tongue in half and learned how at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum.
This is what I can do, though:

I knew you were an alien! I just knew it!

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » June 29th, 2010, 4:28 pm

OMG…I'm belly laughing!

My secret is out!!!

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » June 29th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Bryan Russell/Ink wrote:No structural damage, luckily. Let us say we have one hell of a burn pile in the corner of our yard, though.
thank goodness! (everyone was ok, i'm assuming..???) now just be careful when you set that bonfire, and you'll be golden!

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 29th, 2010, 9:08 pm

dios4vida wrote:People don't believe me when I tell them my sister and I are nothing alike, until I tell them that I'm a fantasy writer and my sister is a scientist with a bachelor's in molecular and cellular biology and a master's degree in biomedical ethics. (Seriously, we're nothing alike.)
But.. but.. I'm kind of both. Studying in biochemistry and writing. So you could be alike. ;)

Bryan, it's good to hear everyone was okay.

And I spent a few minutes trying to do the tongue-thing. That one I haven't mastered yet.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

mmcdonald64

Post by mmcdonald64 » July 1st, 2010, 9:23 am

Random fact about me: I'm a mutant. No, it's true. I have weird shaped red blood cells. The name for the problem is congenital spherocytosis. I passed it on to my three kids too, so they have hereditary spherocytosis. (mines congenital because it was present at birth but with no hereditary connection.)

Since there is no one else out of seven brothers and sisters and two parents who have it, I'm one of the 25% who have it with no known family history. So, it mutated in me. Hence. I'm a mutant.

I also have one eye that is near sighted, the other is far-sighted. Yes. I'm a mess. lol

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 1st, 2010, 11:05 am

mmcdonald64 wrote:Random fact about me: I'm a mutant. No, it's true. I have weird shaped red blood cells. The name for the problem is congenital spherocytosis. I passed it on to my three kids too, so they have hereditary spherocytosis. (mines congenital because it was present at birth but with no hereditary connection.)

Since there is no one else out of seven brothers and sisters and two parents who have it, I'm one of the 25% who have it with no known family history. So, it mutated in me. Hence. I'm a mutant.
Woo-hoo, I'm a random mutant too! My condition is technically hereditary but I'm what they call a "spontaneous mutation." No one else in my family has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (or any other connective tissue disorder) so I'm in the same boat! Woo for mutants!

We so need to join the X-Men...
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Erica75

Post by Erica75 » July 2nd, 2010, 6:05 pm

My sister can fold her tongue in half, but as far as I know, no other blood relatives (including me) can do it. However, everyone in my family - me, my sister, my two kids, and 12 cousins - can hang a spoon off our nose. We're a lot of fun at weddings when we all sit together :)

Ink - Sorry about the tornado. We've had a few come close and it's frightening.
we blog - erica and christy - http://lynneawest.blogspot.com/

Marla Warren

Post by Marla Warren » July 2nd, 2010, 10:28 pm

I have two cats, named Akira and Asimov. They're brother and sister.
“Good writing should be smooth, clear and short, and the art of saying little in much must be avoided at all costs.”
--Benjamin Franklin

Marla Warren

Post by Marla Warren » July 2nd, 2010, 10:31 pm

Kilas wrote:I own fourteen cats, three Greyhounds, two Borzoi, one Italian Greyhound, one Great Dane, one Otterhound /Wolfhound cross and foster seven Greyhounds until they are adopted.

I am a certified wildlife rehabber specializing in raptors and large carnivores. For me there are only two seasons, on and off.

I have random people stop by my house and ask me, "When does the petting zoo open?"
Sounds wonderful! I have friends who have a full-size Greyhound and an Italian Greyhound. Sort of a Mutt and Jeff thing. The husband loves to say, "Two Greyhounds! Two Sizes! No Waiting!"
“Good writing should be smooth, clear and short, and the art of saying little in much must be avoided at all costs.”
--Benjamin Franklin

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 3rd, 2010, 11:08 am

Marla Warren wrote:I have two cats, named Akira and Asimov. They're brother and sister.
Those are great names for cats! I have two cats as well...but their names are Sing-Sing and Twerp.

(I didn't name Singie, but I swear that Twerp named herself because that's the only thing I could call her for the first week she was in the house!)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Down the well

Post by Down the well » July 10th, 2010, 2:32 pm

I don't have cable television so I only understand about a third of all television references. I really only watch the news, The Office, and Thirty Rock. But I'm a Netflix addict. LOVE movies. And I've discovered a spate of great foreign films lately -- ones that would never get made in the US but should.

Heather B

Post by Heather B » July 10th, 2010, 8:46 pm

I'm the only Australian that doesn't like the beach. Seriously. At least my dog shares my view.
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/