World Cup!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Claudie

Re: World Cup!!!

Post by Claudie » July 13th, 2010, 1:54 am

So many football games to watch. I need to make sure I find the some of these championship, whether online or on a sports channel. Probably on the internet. All there ever is on my TV (in Canada) is american football or hockey.

Might have gone through worse withdrawal if I had not just received my brand new laptop. A new gadget is what I needed to forget about football, and still have fun. Plus it's the Summer Festival in Quebec City, so there's a dozen awesome music concerts every night, all within a bus ride's reach. I'm too busy to miss football.

On a funnier, yesterday I came home to find that my sister had drawn herself with an oversized knife next to an octopus.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Nick

Post by Nick » July 13th, 2010, 9:13 am

If you want to watch football online, personally I use hostream.net and atdhe.net. You can also use VLC player if you get the addresses of the appropriate channels, and if you know which channels are playing what games, obviously.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » July 13th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Bryan Russell/Ink wrote:So who else is going through withdrawal? I've been kicking a stuffed soccer ball around the house while puffing on a little tin whistle. Tweet. Foul. Free kick. Off the lampshade.
Man I hear you Bryan. Every four years is like a Utopia because after the NBA Finals thing get SO SLOW in pro sports in the west(ern hemisphere). It's even worse right now because even though I'm not a huge baseball fan, the Braves are rather hot and the All Star Break was like the last thing we needed after the Cup. Even though I had no dog left in the fight it was the best time I've had watching sports since the NFC championship.

It sounds like Nick has some good advice for Soccer fiends but I can't speak to VLC or its channels. I use ESPN3 on Google Chrome Portable and I can see almost any major sporting event worldwide, anytime, even at work.

I know it's not as classy, innovative, artful or even popular as World Futbol, but I for one am looking forward to the NFL.

Nick

Post by Nick » July 14th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » July 14th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Interesting story but also ridiculous for Ballack's agent to say that. Who gives a damn if they are gay? They're effing good footballers either way. Watch out for Germany in 2014.