Friday Night Lights

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
knight_tour

Re: Friday Night Lights

Post by knight_tour » June 5th, 2010, 5:12 am

I got into the show by reading about it from Nathan first. I loved the first three seasons (except for how they began too abruptly in the 3rd). Since I live overseas I just wait for the DVDs to come out before I watch the next season.

mmcdonald64

Post by mmcdonald64 » June 7th, 2010, 11:58 am

knight_tour wrote:I got into the show by reading about it from Nathan first. I loved the first three seasons (except for how they began too abruptly in the 3rd). Since I live overseas I just wait for the DVDs to come out before I watch the next season.
The third season had to start like that because the second season was cut short due to the writer's strike. I'm sure the second season stories would have developed more if the last eight episodes hadn't fell victim to the strike. I think I read somewhere that rather than try and finish off those stories, they decided to start fresh in the new school year. They had to do Smash's sendoff, and Jason's story, and trying to wrap up all of season two storylines, plus add new ones, in just a 13 episode season would have been a disaster.

mmcdonald64

Post by mmcdonald64 » June 20th, 2010, 10:59 pm

A friend just posted on my Facebook that EW.com posted a fanvid I made a few years ago on their page. It's for 'Best TV Dad' contest in honor of Father's Day. How cool is that?
http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/06/20/be ... ht-lights/

abc

Post by abc » June 21st, 2010, 1:56 pm

You Can't Go Home Again. This show is always tearing me up.

So is Tim Riggins going to buy some land and start farming?

mmcdonald64

Post by mmcdonald64 » July 28th, 2010, 12:49 pm

How awesome is it that Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton finally received some much deserved recognition for their roles as Coach and Mrs.Coach with Emmy nominations for both of them? I don't know what their chances are, but I think Kyle Chandler might have a slightly better chance as the episode he chose (East of Dillon) has a lot more scenes with him. Connie Britton is always wonderful, but the episode (After the Fall) only has her on screen for a few scenes. I kind of wish she would have submitted a scene from the abortion storyline instead.