March Madness!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Krista G.

Re: March Madness!!!

Post by Krista G. » March 21st, 2010, 12:05 am

Krista G. wrote:Nova is my new least favorite team...
And now Kansas is. Two of my Final Four teams gone in the second round. I think I need some chocolate...
Author of THE REGENERATED MAN (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, Winter 2015)
Represented by Kate Schafer Testerman of kt literary
www.motherwrite.blogspot.com

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 21st, 2010, 12:17 am

Oh Kansas... where's a tornado when you really need one?
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » March 21st, 2010, 8:50 am

Ink wrote:Oh Kansas... where's a tornado when you really need one?
Everyone around here is going to be so crabby today... at least the wildcats are still in it.
i had the jayhawks winning the whole thing.
man, i was bad at this bracket stuff. :(

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 21st, 2010, 10:25 am

I have Kentucky winning it... so still have a shot. Particularly since it seems a lot of people are sucking even worse than I am. :) Three cheers for universal suckage!

Erica75

Post by Erica75 » March 21st, 2010, 10:56 am

I'm taking this opportunity to point out once again that my purely Midwestern-state (with the exception of UNI, oops) picks have paid off (with the exception of Kansas, oops). I'm taking this opportunity before Wisconsin plays, since I picked them to take it. If you don't hear from me from now on, it's because I'm dehydrated from the tears running down my face after Ink's knife takes its turn on me! And yes, Marquette Villa and KS hurt, but thankfully (for me) this group took a lot of hits.
we blog - erica and christy - http://lynneawest.blogspot.com/

ScoRho

Post by ScoRho » March 21st, 2010, 8:17 pm

Right now, I'm feeling good. I'm winning at work, with the most points and by far the most possible points remaining. Here, I'm part of the massive 8th-place tie. But it's going to be tough. I made a key rookie mistake, and didn't do the tie breaker. I just didn't notice it.

I just wish Cornell wasn't playing Kentucky. I picked Kentucky to win, but I love Cinderella teams and would love to cheer Cornell on. Can't do it. Too much at stake.

Colonel Travis

Post by Colonel Travis » March 21st, 2010, 8:32 pm

Krista G. wrote:Two of my Final Four teams gone in the second round. I think I need some chocolate...

If by "chocolate" you mean "hard liquor" I agree. Although, I could easily settle for 55 one-pound bags of M&Ms. Or a box of official GS Thin Mints, not that Grasshopper crap. Honestly, I don't care. When your bracket goes to hell so do your standards.

ScoRho

Post by ScoRho » March 21st, 2010, 8:37 pm

JaEvans wrote:Not to knock basketball but eh... I am Canadian, and we did just win the 2010 Olympic Gold in ice hockey. So I have to say that hockey, in my opinion, is the best sport out there. Maybe I could agree that basketball is equal with hockey but we lost our team from Vancouver a few years back. It was the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Anyhow... I just thought I would add a Canuck comment.

Cheers on the B Ball.
Hey, don't forget that basketball was invented by a Canadian.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 22nd, 2010, 8:34 am

Krista G. wrote:
Krista G. wrote:Nova is my new least favorite team...
And now Kansas is. Two of my Final Four teams gone in the second round. I think I need some chocolate...
I've lost two final four teams and still am in the big tie for 36th place in our pool. Shows how ridiculous this year is. And my wanting Duke out hurt me. I believe Louisville could have beat Duke if they were playing well...only they weren't and didn't even get the chance.

Only think that has helped me is that I put Tennesse making a run. Plus I had the Mighigan State game win last night (and dang what a fun win that was). Now I'm hoping for Purdue to beat Duke because that would help me a lot. Plus I just don't like Duke.

Meg62442

Post by Meg62442 » March 23rd, 2010, 10:10 am

I am tied in 151st place! These things go in descending order, right? Dude, seriously.

If only there had been a secondary prize for the person who finishes last. Like maybe that person gets a partial partial read. Or would that be a semi-partial?

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 23rd, 2010, 10:17 am

Nathan, you're actually in 8th place... so what happens if you win? :) Here's a deal for you: if you win, I'll give you a free critique for the Jacob Wonderbar sequel. :) Or a Toronto Raptors t-shirt.

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 23rd, 2010, 12:28 pm

Ink wrote:Nathan, you're actually in 8th place... so what happens if you win? :) Here's a deal for you: if you win, I'll give you a free critique for the Jacob Wonderbar sequel. :) Or a Toronto Raptors t-shirt.
Haha - luckily for you this is always about the time in the tournament when I start to think I'm doing pretty well before falling flat on my face. One year I was way in first and had just about every Elite 8 team correct and was all set to have all four final four teams, only every single team I picked for the final four lost.

Though if I win, I want a shirt that says "Chris Bosh, are you coming to Sacramento?" and his response ("Hell no!").

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 23rd, 2010, 12:58 pm

He can be a funny dude, Mr. Bosh. Sadly, before he got hurt (with the Raptors kicking tail), I was sure he was gonna re-sign with Toronto. After this slide, though, where he keeps calling out his team for it's lack of toughness...

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 23rd, 2010, 6:38 pm

Ink wrote:He can be a funny dude, Mr. Bosh. Sadly, before he got hurt (with the Raptors kicking tail), I was sure he was gonna re-sign with Toronto. After this slide, though, where he keeps calling out his team for it's lack of toughness...
Yeah, definitely going to be an interesting summer in Toronto.

Colonel Travis

Post by Colonel Travis » March 23rd, 2010, 10:47 pm

2010-11, Bosh is coming home to be a Mav, where they will hang up championship banners every year until he retires. I live in DFW so I'm accustomed to a lot of wishful thinking with the sports teams around here.