Fairytales for Wilde Girls

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
Sleeping Beauty

Fairytales for Wilde Girls

Post by Sleeping Beauty » April 18th, 2013, 10:49 pm

Hello Bransforumers! :D

My debut novel, Fairytales for WIlde Girls, will be released by Random House Australia on the 1st of June!!

Here's my cover, which I love love love:

It's a pulpy little slice of YA-weird, a sort of twisted fairytale - it's bloody and romantic and a bit scary. The cover art is by Courtney Brims, who creates the most fantastical, dreamy images. She's also drawn interior illustrations for me! They're portraits of my characters - not a common thing in Young Adult novels, but in my book, they're like the bookplate illustrations you'd find in a Grimm Brothers compendium.

Please check it out on Goodreads! http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1612 ... ilde-girls

- Allyse x

Beethovenfan

Re: Fairytales for Wilde Girls

Post by Beethovenfan » April 19th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Fantastic! Congratulations! This cover is absolutely amazing. You're living the dream!
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Sleeping Beauty

Post by Sleeping Beauty » April 20th, 2013, 2:38 am

Thank you very much! <3

Sleeping Beauty

Post by Sleeping Beauty » July 31st, 2013, 10:22 am

Hello all!~

I just thought I'd give a brief update on how Fairytales for Wilde Girls has been faring since its Australian release in early June!

I've just sold the Russian rights to AST, which has been very exciting. The critical response has been overwhelmingly positive, and I've actually been asked to sign books! By STRANGERS!!~
It's been amazing. Good luck to everyone else still on the winding road to publishing! You'll get there!

jackie15

Post by jackie15 » October 26th, 2013, 1:42 am

I love to tell you that your blog is excellent your site is really amazed its really choose by excellent mind i would love to use your blog.