Favorite Animation Character

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
Mira

Re: Favorite Animation Character

Post by Mira » March 3rd, 2012, 7:59 pm

Embarrassing to admit, but I have a soft spot for the Disney Princesses. Ariel may be my favorite....

Quill

Post by Quill » March 3rd, 2012, 8:13 pm

Mine is Spammer, the friendly Ninja Game Bot.

Mira

Post by Mira » March 5th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Yes, Quill is funny.

Mudpuppy - I actually like Belle. The one I don't like much is Jasmine. I find her sort of irritating.

I do want to add I have a soft spot for the old guy in "Up". And the little girl in "Monster's Inc."

robertpiazza

Post by robertpiazza » July 7th, 2012, 7:23 am

Bobby Hill is my favorite character!!!!

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » July 7th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Pink Panther. Nuff said.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Rick Daley

Post by Rick Daley » July 12th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Bugs Bunny.

I think Bugs Bunny could beat up Superman. All he would need to do is reach off-screen and get a Kryptonite anvil to drop on his head.

MAP

Post by MAP » July 13th, 2012, 1:23 am

Mine is Prince Zuko from Avatar, the Last Airbender animated series. Best character arc ever.

abc

Post by abc » July 15th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Is this books or movies? Movies, I guess. Animation is motion. Cause if it was cartoon, well, Charlie Brown. But, um, animation, well Toothless. I have a soft spot for Toothless because my kid is such a freak for dragons and he kinda started it all. Hiccup is pretty awesome, too.

JohnDurvin

Post by JohnDurvin » July 19th, 2012, 6:03 pm

It would take me a while to mentally go through the entire history of animation in movies, TV shows, and the Internet, but I'm pretty sure it would have to be Dr. Facilier, the villain from "The Princess and the Frog". I love that strange mix of dancing, magic, and evilness; he's fun to watch. Hades from Disney's animated "Hercules" is a close second--I love the juxtaposition of the epic world of Greek mythology with a New York Jew that sprinkles his lord-of-the-dead bellowing with Yiddish. Wow, two Disney characters? I feel like I'm lacking in hipster spirit just now--shouldn't I be saying something from "The Triplets of Belleville" or something? These aren't my favorite animated pieces or anything--I just can't single out a character from "Coraline", "Futurama", "Invader Zim", or "The Oblongs".

Of course, there's one character that never got a fair shot, since the series was never picked up; Mike Mignola, creator of Hellboy, made a pilot for a Saturday morning cartoon series called "The Amazing Screw-On Head" about a steampunk robot that reported directly to President Lincoln, and the bad guy from the series was to be a gentleman by the name of Emperor Zombie, played by David Hyde Pierce with a personality quite similar to Facilier and Hades, with a planet-sized ego, slightly zany tendencies, and...well, not to mince words, but just a hint of "swish". That one fifteen minute cartoon just barely gave use a glimpse into the bizarre world of these characters, but had it been picked up, I think Zombie would have been my favorite character.
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).

Dan_Hauer

Post by Dan_Hauer » August 3rd, 2012, 12:25 am

Homer Simpson.

I mean, come on.
Copyediting and Proofreading Services: http://www.danhauereditorial.com

Rick Daley

Post by Rick Daley » August 3rd, 2012, 7:45 am

Dan_Hauer wrote:Homer Simpson.

I mean, come on.
Have you seen the cast of The Simpsons on "Behind the Actor's Studio"? It's awesome, the first half of the interview is the voice actors, the second half is the characters. It's extra cool because most of them do multiple voices, watching them toggle between them is hilarious. Here's a YouTube link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efn8Eaes4jc

Shipple

Post by Shipple » October 28th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Agree with Rick. Bugs Bunny.

When I was about five, Bugs Bunny was the best thing ever & I dressed up as him for Halloween. Today, my husband was telling me that he got lost finding his friend's house, and I told him, "You should have taken that left at Albuquerque." Bugs Bunny will forever be relevant.
"Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." - J.K. Rowling (an awesome opening line)
Me: http://sarahhipple.blogspot.com/ and http://shipple.tumblr.com/

Seth86

Post by Seth86 » January 15th, 2013, 2:45 pm

Tom and Jerry. Even if I'm now older I still find it interesting to watch.