How many books do you read per week (or month)?

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
MattLarkin

Re: How many books do you read per week (or month)?

Post by MattLarkin » April 4th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Varies a lot. Whatever I'm doing, I tend do focus on it a lot. When I write, I write a lot, fast. When I'm heavily into reading, I can finish a book in a few days. I might continue this trend for a few weeks, before being drawn into to some other activity (video games, a TV show on instant Netflix, or a personal project, just whatever).
mattlarkin.net
larkinediting.com - freelance editing for fantasy and science fiction
ImageImageImage

Gypson

Post by Gypson » April 10th, 2012, 8:40 pm

I hate to give a vague response, but it depends. When I'm bogged down with school/work, I usually choose writing over reading. On "average", if there were such a thing, I read about 3 books per month. I am a slow reader.

P.S. Do textbooks count? Because my A&P book could be split into like five novels.

susnacollins

Post by susnacollins » May 2nd, 2012, 2:44 am

Iam reading 1 book per month because iam not getting time for reading.

GaoYuQing

Post by GaoYuQing » May 11th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Amount varies and since I read multiple books at one time, it's not an accurate measure of progress. Probably 3-4 a month, with time made for the magazines I subscribe too as well.

LaurenNTaylor

Post by LaurenNTaylor » September 25th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Too many!!! ;)

klbritt

Post by klbritt » September 25th, 2012, 8:15 pm

I'm sad to say, that I find if I like a book - I'll read through it in as little as 5 hours...yep, that was Lauren Oliver's Delirium and Pandemonium...Yesterday I opened Cinder at 1pm and finished it at 8pm - giving myself a break to do homework with my kindergartner and to cook and eat dinner. My husband thinks I have an addiction -- to reading. I think I agree :D But as someone that stopped reading after 3rd grade (that means text books too) I'm only making up for the lost years of reading. Well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

But, on any given normal month, I read at least 1 book for my book club group that meets once a month. After that, I'll read up to 7 or 8 in a month.
~Kristie

-: Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx :-

http://www.BKRivers.blogspot.com