Is okay to review books?

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
Amanda Elizabeth

Is okay to review books?

Post by Amanda Elizabeth » May 25th, 2012, 12:28 am

I've had a regular blog for years, but a few months ago realized I needed to separate the writing aspect from the I'm-Living-In-L.A. aspect of my life. I've also been reviewing books, which is the post of this post: Is it appropriate to have book reviews on there if I'm going to be letting potential agents see the blog? The rest of the reviews are really just my ramblings about the writing process. You can see it here: http://www.amandaboyle.com

Mira

Re: Is okay to review books?

Post by Mira » May 27th, 2012, 6:07 pm

I really have no idea about this - and what agents are looking for. I think agents may react in different ways.....you might want to post this on the "Ask Nathan" thread, since he's a former agent and he may have an insider's perspective.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I could think that would bother an agent is if you reviewed a book they represented and gave it a negative review......

Otherwise, I can't see an issue.

Although, honestly, I encourage you to do what feels right for you. Otherwise, you'll be continually second-guessing yourself based on what someone else may or may not think. That would be really uncomfortable. :)

Follow your heart, I say!