Writing Sex Scenes

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
trixie

Re: Writing Sex Scenes

Post by trixie » June 15th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Is this the 9 ways to rake book? Or something along that title? Might have to give it a read...

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » June 16th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Mira wrote:Sommer, I wanted to let you know that I read the Regency Romance book you recommended.

WOWZZER.

My goodness. There was one scene where he kissed her on the wrist, I almost couldn't read it.

Sigh.

Thanks for the recommendation. :D
I know right!!!! Right after the wrist kiss I like, gasped for breath because I didn't realize I'd been literally holding it. I had to put the book down and walk away for a moment. My husband was all like, "Um, you ok?" and I was like, "I'M FINE. You wouldn't understand dear! Just need to get some air!"

What is this Regency book spoken of?? I missed it somewhere (perhaps it was a private message?) and REALLY want to know what it is. I could use something good to read!
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Rosie Lane

Post by Rosie Lane » June 21st, 2011, 11:02 am

My crit partner attended a panel at ConCarolinas on writing sex scenes. I wish I could have attended too; apparently it was excellent. Some things she picked up:

Stay clear of -ing words. They are always embarrassing.
Dribbling and deflating are never, ever sexy.

siebendach

Post by siebendach » June 22nd, 2011, 11:22 pm

Well, so much for my current WiP's sex scene on that basketball court after the big game . . .