Creator or Channel of Creation

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Margo

Re: Creator or Channel of Creation

Post by Margo » December 1st, 2010, 3:33 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:This is part of a big theme in mine as well.
Hhmmm. Both leos. Look enough alike (at least when I was younger) to be related. Same theme in WIPs. I KNOW! It's a Twilight Zone episode! You're me when I was younger! Or something like that. I'll make it weirder and point out I'm adopted. :P Got any family in California?
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 1st, 2010, 4:05 pm

Margo wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:This is part of a big theme in mine as well.
Hhmmm. Both leos. Look enough alike (at least when I was younger) to be related. Same theme in WIPs. I KNOW! It's a Twilight Zone episode! You're me when I was younger! Or something like that. I'll make it weirder and point out I'm adopted. :P Got any family in California?
OH MY GOD this forum is a nexus of twilight zone activity!!! I am also adopted and if the stories I was told when I was younger are correct I have an older sister who was adopted first. To my knowledge both adoptions took place in the midwest though.

My WIP is YA.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Margo

Post by Margo » December 1st, 2010, 4:15 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:I am also adopted and if the stories I was told when I was younger are correct I have an older sister who was adopted first.
Now that's just weird. The similarities, I mean.
Sommer Leigh wrote:To my knowledge both adoptions took place in the midwest though.
You're safe then. I'm born and bred Californian. Conceived here (I'm not supposed to know that but there was a paperwork goof). Born here. Adopted here. Raised here. Which is of course *ahem* not saying my biological father didn't get around, cuz I'm pretty sure he did.
Sommer Leigh wrote:My WIP is YA.
Oh, then we're definitely not related. :P jk.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 1st, 2010, 4:38 pm

Margo wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:I am also adopted and if the stories I was told when I was younger are correct I have an older sister who was adopted first.
Now that's just weird. The similarities, I mean.
Sommer Leigh wrote:To my knowledge both adoptions took place in the midwest though.
You're safe then. I'm born and bred Californian. Conceived here (I'm not supposed to know that but there was a paperwork goof). Born here. Adopted here. Raised here. Which is of course *ahem* not saying my biological father didn't get around, cuz I'm pretty sure he did.
Sommer Leigh wrote:My WIP is YA.
Oh, then we're definitely not related. :P jk.
The similarities are shocking and awesome. My adopted mom died when I was in high school and the info I got out of her was sketchy at best and my dad admits he didn't talk to the birth family much. From what I know my biological mom's the one who got around and possibly didn't know who the dad was. So you never know!
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

JohnDurvin

Post by JohnDurvin » April 13th, 2011, 7:56 pm

There's many an author that writes by having conversations with their characters. Peter S. Beagle wrote everything this way, and Samuel Beckett did it for "Waiting for Godot." On the other hand, my ex-girlfriend did this too, and by the last time I saw her they had levelled up into schizophrenia-related voices that gave her advice on life, so maybe it's not the best idea.
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).