Nanowrimo

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Claudie

Re: Nanowrimo

Post by Claudie » October 14th, 2010, 12:50 pm

In the Fun Stuff tab, under Wordcount Widget.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/widgets <-- The link.

It's likely that during the last week of October (after all my exams), I hunt down as many of you as I can, and add widgets to my first post in this thread. It's the second one, after all. :)

EDIT: Just noticed they wouldn't be available before Nov. 1. But they exist, I promise.
Last edited by Claudie on October 14th, 2010, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Margo

Post by Margo » October 14th, 2010, 12:55 pm

Claudie wrote:It's likely that during the last week of October (after all my exams), I hunt down as many of you as I can, and add widgets to my first post in this thread. It's the second one, after all. :)
That is a level of evil worthy of me. Okay, I'm game.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » October 14th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Margo wrote:
Claudie wrote:It's likely that during the last week of October (after all my exams), I hunt down as many of you as I can, and add widgets to my first post in this thread. It's the second one, after all. :)
That is a level of evil worthy of me. Okay, I'm game.
I'm not doing NaNo personally, but just as an idea it might not be a bad idea to leave this thread for conversation and chatter about NaNo, and make a second thread just for updating widgets and progress (editing the same post, for example). Just to keep things easy to find. Just an idea!
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » October 14th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Well, my first post is the second on the first page. It's rather easy to find, and the widgets update themselves. My idea was to leave them there, so they would be easy to find. I could start a new thread, but I'm not sure we'll have that much to discuss besides progress and the insane month we're living.

Anybody else has a preference?
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » October 15th, 2010, 12:42 am

Claudie wrote:Well, my first post is the second on the first page. It's rather easy to find, and the widgets update themselves. My idea was to leave them there, so they would be easy to find. I could start a new thread, but I'm not sure we'll have that much to discuss besides progress and the insane month we're living.

Anybody else has a preference?
I only thought another thread might be handy for updates on progress because while yours might be on the first page, a lot of people are scattered through out.

But like I said, I'm not doing NaNo, but I am going to be watching (and cheering!) throughout the month.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » October 15th, 2010, 1:08 am

Oh no, I'll be putting everyone's widget in the same post.

Incidently, here's a list of the folks who have posted on this thread but that I could not find on NaNoWriMo (most of the time, I didn't have your username)

Jaya
Maggie
Aimée
Jessa
khanes
arbraun
Matt in the Hat

Just give your username if you want a widget! :)

Jessa

Post by Jessa » October 15th, 2010, 9:02 am

>.> So if I don't give you my NaNo name, you can't find me and there's no accountability. Hm... Oh well. I'm GimmeMocha on NaNo.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » October 15th, 2010, 12:17 pm

Jessa wrote:>.> So if I don't give you my NaNo name, you can't find me and there's no accountability. Hm... Oh well. I'm GimmeMocha on NaNo.
That's why I was happy I already had Margo's. ;)

Remmik

Post by Remmik » October 18th, 2010, 3:39 am

I'm NovatianEira (http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/229839) on NaNo if anyone wants to buddy me. I'll try to buddy anyone who posts their ID on this thread. Motivation! :)

I'm super excited about the beta of Scrivener for Windows coming out in time for NaNo.
Last edited by Remmik on October 18th, 2010, 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Margo

Post by Margo » October 18th, 2010, 10:41 am

Claudie wrote:That's why I was happy I already had Margo's. ;)
Phhhhhhhhhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

bcomet

Post by bcomet » October 19th, 2010, 7:19 pm

OMG, John Green is going to give a peptalk for NANOWRIMO this year! Yea!!!!!!

arbraun

Post by arbraun » October 21st, 2010, 3:44 pm

I have signed up for NaNo as "arbraun" if anyone wants to add me as a friend.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » October 31st, 2010, 8:35 pm

I caved.

I've done NaNo twice before and I wasn't planning on doing it this year but I caved. I've been feeling a little less than creative as I'm knee deep in edits and the edits feel like they've been absorbing my life for months now to the point where I edit a couple of pages and have to call it good. I thought maybe if I gave myself something creative to do for a month it might recharge my juices in the editing business.

I've started adding everyone from this board as a buddy. I'm: tellgreatstories over on the NaNo website. The website is as slow as a two-legged turtle tonight (not surprising) so it has taken me about a half an hour to add 3 people. Yikes.

Callum

Post by Callum » November 13th, 2010, 8:03 am

I've just signed up with my current WIP. I've almost hit the 50K barrier already but I want to hit 60K by the end of the month.

My username is Subb. Add me and get a free virtual cookie!
My Blog. Please follow!
Knock, Knock. Who's there? Me. I kill you.