Your Writing Space

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Regan Leigh

Re: Your Writing Space

Post by Regan Leigh » September 16th, 2010, 12:58 am

One of the writers I did a special feature on writes in their recliner, too. :D http://www.reganleigh.com/?p=1558

I could have posted a pic of my bed. I've spent many late nights writing there. :) Loving all your pics, btw!

Quill

Post by Quill » September 16th, 2010, 1:21 am

Times in the past my main writing space has been various coffee shops. Hand writing, filling up notebooks. Especially effective for poetry. Drink a cup, channel a poem. Lol.

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » September 16th, 2010, 1:31 am

Yeah, what is it about coffee shops and writing? I used to do that too. Still do sometimes. And my main writing place is at my kitchen desk. Hmmm, is it the smell of food that's conducive to writing?
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » September 16th, 2010, 8:17 am

cheekychook wrote:Yeah, what is it about coffee shops and writing? I used to do that too. Still do sometimes. And my main writing place is at my kitchen desk. Hmmm, is it the smell of food that's conducive to writing?
There's a coffee shop near my house I sometimes go to. I don't know why it is good for channeling creative energies, but it sure is. The baristas are awesome and funky, the music is always cool, and their wi-fi kind of sucks so I don't spend a lot of time playing around online. I always get more done if I go there, but I am usually too tired to pack everything up at night and go.

I'm going to take a picture of my writing space this weekend and post it. My camera batteries need to be recharged first. Whoops.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » September 16th, 2010, 11:58 am

I would take a picture of it, but how many people want to see my bed? XD

Seriously. The most wonderful writing space I have found is being snuggled in my pajamas in bed with my laptop. I don't have an actual desk, but when I do, I find it much better for editing because it makes me feel more...serious.

So bed is for writing, desks (work, B&N, the kitchen, etc.) are for serious work, and the recliner is for beta editing to be moved from red-inked paper to the computer.

It's like I have a pattern.

And a funny hat\outfit for everything. :3
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

J. T. SHEA

Post by J. T. SHEA » September 16th, 2010, 2:49 pm

Such minimalism, Regan! I've got more clutter in my pockets.

How do you make it SMALLER? Oh, you mean the photo...

Dios4vida, is that your plan to take over the world on the whiteboard?

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » September 16th, 2010, 3:16 pm

J. T. SHEA wrote:Dios4vida, is that your plan to take over the world on the whiteboard?
Hahahahahahaha!!!

That's actually the visual plot of my WIP - races, characters, and how they are all connected. So, I guess you could say it is my plan to take over the world - MY world. :)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

ladymarella

Post by ladymarella » September 16th, 2010, 11:54 pm

i don't have a writing space as such. When I first started writing my novel i taught myself to write wherever, I can write with noise, distractions etc. Working on it during science class helped a lot with that.
Currently composing a sprawling family saga set in 19th century England
The world may be divided into people that read, people that write, people that think, and fox-hunters.'- William Shenstone,

Regan Leigh

Post by Regan Leigh » September 17th, 2010, 3:06 pm

I always think about trying a coffee shop (I do love them despite only drinking tea), but I'm afraid I'll be too distracted. I must try it sometime. :D

I do like the minimalist look, but I'm also a clutter bug. I have to force myself to throw out things so I can be more simple. Plus, I had just cleaned. :)

I wish I could write anywhere. I could try, but I really need to get lost and absorbed in the story. I'm too observant and distracted when around other people. When I'm at dinner with friends, they know I like to sit with my back to the restaurant so I won't be distracted by others. :D