Mentoring

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Margo

Re: Mentoring

Post by Margo » June 20th, 2010, 10:22 pm

BlancheKing wrote:A duel between writers. Sounds like something to sell tickets for...
I dunno. Probably not unless you highlight the fact that it also involves rubber, blood, goats, and George Clooney. To paraphrase Quill, that's not writing; that's kink.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

J. T. SHEA

Post by J. T. SHEA » June 21st, 2010, 8:31 pm

'To paraphrase Quill, that's not writing; that's kink.' You say it like it's bad, Margot...

Mira

Post by Mira » June 21st, 2010, 8:40 pm

Oh now, see? I go away for a couple days and look what happens. Total chaos. Writers challenging each other to duels, no less!

I completely approve.

I was in a writer's duel once. I joined a writer's forum and a duel was in progress. Once it was done, I immedidately challenged the blog owner to a duel.

I wrote something completely incomprehensible and lost. My punishment, like all who lost, was to be executed. I begged and pleaded not to be killed, but my head was cut off at dawn. So sad. Such a terrible end to a young life.

So, like everyone else on the site, I waited a week and re-joined under another name.

As you can see from my checkered past, I have experience in the lost art of writer's duels. Margo and username, you have my blessings should you embark upon this journey.

Margo

Post by Margo » June 22nd, 2010, 3:41 pm

J. T. SHEA wrote:'To paraphrase Quill, that's not writing; that's kink.' You say it like it's bad, Margot...
I have attempted and erased numerous responses to your comment, J.T. I am utterly unable to find a comeback that doesn't say waaaaay more about me than I want to say in public.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/