Why I'm On This Forum

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
JohnDurvin

Why I'm On This Forum

Post by JohnDurvin » July 19th, 2012, 6:56 pm

If anybody's been keeping track, it's been a while since I said anything much about writing; that's because my novels are all on hold until I finish up with this web-comic I'm working on. (I'm still working on my young adult series of fantasy novels based on American folklore instead of European, but it's nothing but world-building just now.) I know that if I want to chat about comics and such, there are more appropriate forums, but they all suck--I get a little sick of asking for advice on plotting or pencilling and all the responses are something like "LOL LOL MEME LOL ANIME JOKE LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!" I just like it over here better. So forgive me if I post almost exclusively on the Procrastinating threads; I may know retro video games and folklore better than I know literature (and in both cases it's because they're fun rather than for socio-cultural commentary), but this is still my favorite online hangout.
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).

dios4vida

Re: Why I'm On This Forum

Post by dios4vida » July 21st, 2012, 3:21 pm

We're happy to have you no matter what, John. :)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Claudie

Re: Why I'm On This Forum

Post by Claudie » July 29th, 2012, 10:11 pm

We sure are! And I bet we could still help (some) with plotting questions. There are elements of storytelling that just don't change from one medium to the next.

For the record, I think you should feel free to post about your hurdles in the "Coffee Shop" thread in All Things Writing. It's been a throw-all thread for forum users struggles with writing, life, or, well, pretty much anything. Basically a topicless chat. I expect you'd be welcomed there, too!
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla