The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.

Re: The Introduction Thread

Postby afamiliarletter » 28 Oct 2012, 08:12

Hey, my name is Chris and I've been an on and off lurker here for the past couple years. Looking forward to some good discussion on this mad subject of writing. Working on a novel, short stories and poetry. Hope to meet some good friends here. Super times!
cdm
afamiliarletter

Postby Beethovenfan » 08 Nov 2012, 15:10

Welcome Chris and Ivin! You've come to the right place for good discussion and for a great place to hang out. I look forward to your comments!
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven
Beethovenfan

Postby boozysassmouth » 06 Dec 2012, 20:50

Hello,

Just introducing myself. I took a break from writing over the last few years to get into and then through grad school. Now that I'm approaching my final semester, I'm itching to write again. And I've found that I miss talking to other writers. My current project is a novella, though I'm still in the plotting stages. Genre-wise I enjoying writing in crime, scifi and urban fantasy, though most of what I read is the former.

I look forward to talking with you all!
"Please explain to me the scientific nature of the whammy." - Dana Scully
boozysassmouth

Postby Beethovenfan » 07 Dec 2012, 19:45

boozysassmouth wrote:Hello,

Just introducing myself. I took a break from writing over the last few years to get into and then through grad school. Now that I'm approaching my final semester, I'm itching to write again. And I've found that I miss talking to other writers. My current project is a novella, though I'm still in the plotting stages. Genre-wise I enjoying writing in crime, scifi and urban fantasy, though most of what I read is the former.

I look forward to talking with you all!

Welcome to the Bransforums! This is a great place for hanging out with other writers. Best thing to do is get right in there and start posting, which I've noticed you have done. So, good for you! I look forward to getting to know you better.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven
Beethovenfan

The new member

Postby Seth86 » 11 Dec 2012, 23:22

Hi everyone!Seth here. I'm new to this forum. Looking forward to know the other members and for nice conversations!
Seth86

Postby Judith » 01 Jan 2013, 10:04

Hi - I'm Judy - from just outside Toronto, Canada. I'm currently working on a memoir - that I've been struggling with for a few years. I'd love to find a writing partner to critique it with. The content's been good for awhile - but I think I could drive the style up a notch.
I just finished a YA historical novel - it's with a publisher and I'm awaiting the outcome.

Happy writing everyone! And Happy New Year!
Judy
Judith

Postby SunnyE » 16 Jan 2013, 00:32

Hi all! My name is Sunny and I'm new to forums. I'm working on the first book in a 9 book YA fantasy series. I'm joining up here hoping to meet some like-minded people and possibly learn something new.
SunnyE

Postby tkmceachin » 12 Feb 2013, 11:06

Hi! I'm new as well & I'm a new writer in the fantasy genre. My name is TK McEachin & my website is www.theelementsbooks.com
tkmceachin

Postby TonyB » 03 Mar 2013, 16:48

Hello everybody.

My name is TonyB. I've heard a lot about the forum from people that I really respect and am hoping to learn a lot and make a lot of connections.

I mostly write short fiction that is hard hitting and intense. Some of my favorite books are Lord of the Rings, Anatham, The Safehold Series, and my new Love the Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones). I mostly read Sci-fi and Fantasy, but love an occasional horror story (big King fan). I used to work for a publisher doing contracts and fell in love with publishing and its potential and saw the short comings of the current market as well. You can read one of my short stories here: http://www.triplereadfiction.com/c52/in ... e-fiction/ .

I've also recently started my own little publishing company and hope to do some fun work with short fiction.

I look forward to learning a lot here.

TonyB.
TonyB

Postby H.I.Adam » 10 Mar 2013, 05:37

Hi there :)

I'm H.I.Adam, you can also call me by my first name 'Haneen', I'm a women and I come from Sudan! Yup a very far away place. This is my first time in the forums, but I've been around Nathan's Blog for years now. I write mostly Fantasy, Sci fi and dystopian, but I'm also more accustomed to mixing it all together, what can I say? I love mixing genres.
I started my first novel at the end of 2009, and I hope I finally get to finish it this year, it's a somewhat Historical about Vampires, I also write short stories. Writing is basically my life and I hope that joining this interesting community (or anything by Nathan cause he's Awesome) will be of great help to my writing since I'm pretty much a beginner. I'm also hoping I would be of help to whoever needs mine :)

Thank you.
H.I.Adam

Postby GMBarlean » 24 Mar 2013, 16:44

Hi,

I'm Gina Barlean, a Nebraska author. I've independently published three books and am working on my third. I write suspense fiction. I am always looking for more knowledge about writing and to network with other writers.

My blog: http://gmbarlean.wordpress.com
My website: GMBarlean.com
Everything else you might ever need to know about me: http://about.me/GMBarlean
Gina M. Barlean
GMBarlean

Postby Kristina » 25 Mar 2013, 03:44

Welcome Gina!
Kristina

Postby ysis » 24 Jul 2013, 15:00

Hi everybody.

Ι hope I am in the right place to introduce myself. I am Ysis and even if my pseudonym sounds Egyptian I come from Greece. Being Greek is not very popular nowadays, I don't know though if it was popular in the age of Pericles either. I have been off and on writing since adolescence. Writing for me is like an allergy or like a chronic disease. When I finally feel that I have got rid of it, it reappears. What I have written until now is fairytales ( both for children and adults), some short novels which look like free poetry (it was not my purpose), many starts for ambitious novels, one start for a less ambitious novel (I know the story, the characters, everything, but I have confused the narrative line, so I have set it aside). I have an obsession with detail - I could describe the weather or the scenery for ages but I guess that I have to decide finally whether I want to become a meteorologist or an author.

Even if my mother tongue is Greek, I am trying to adjust to the Globalization Era and try my luck in a foreing language (which I love very much, I admit). The reason of my presence here is to see if I can swim in a foreign literary environment (learn from it, receive critiques, ask questions and - if I can - give answers). Thank you for accepting me.

http://www.squidoo.com/greek-debt
ysis

Postby MissPineapple » 26 Jul 2013, 08:11

Hello Everybody,

I am new here so I thought I would drop in and introduce myself. My name is Polly and I live in Ireland. I am interested in self publishing so thought I would join here and join in the discussions.

Lovely to meet you all :)

Polly
MissPineapple

Postby AnmaNatsu » 28 Jul 2013, 20:25

Hello!

I'm not 100% new as I had an account here before, but I haven't posted in ages. Since there isn't a way to do a rename, I decided to just start over with a new account instead. :-)

I tend to write stories that explore and celebrate love and the many feelings and actions that surround it. I live, work, and love in the big ol' state of Texas. I'm working on revising one of my novels for release in 2014. I also recently started my own podcast, "The Lackadaisical Writer".
Writer of love stories and host of "The Lackadaisical Writer" podcast
Debut novel, Aisuru, coming in 2014!
Official Website: http://anmanatsu.com
AnmaNatsu

PreviousNext

Return to Town Hall