Looking mostly for a CP to tell me it's time to stop.

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
sierramcconnell

Looking mostly for a CP to tell me it's time to stop.

Post by sierramcconnell » January 22nd, 2013, 9:05 am

I stole this from the NaNo Forum. I'm basically just needing someone to tell me it's time to stop and set it on fire because it isn't publishable.

Title - Chasing Miracles

Length - 115,000 words. It's not as long as you think when you start reading it.

Draft - Final V2.1

Language - English (there is some swear words few and far between)

Brief Summary - Carmine Caudatus once had a plush and comforting life, but all that changed on the day his friend Thomas was murdered.

Now the twelve-year-old genius child of angels is on a quest to bring his friend back to the world in more than just a rotting corpse, and he would do anything -even kill- to make it happen.

But it isn't as easy as finding a few trinkets scattered throughout the world. He'll have to fight against his own mortality, as well as an angel hell bent on sending both Thomas and himself to the grave.

Sub Genre & Keywords - Steampunk, human reanimation, angels, demons, watchers, grigori, victorian

Known Issues - I have had this edited and betaed so many times I can't see straight. Every time I look at it, I want to hurl it into a fire. I'm looking for readability and interest more than grammar (but if you noticed something

Critique Requested - Do you like reading it? Does it drag in spots? What spots and what would you do to fix it? Now, I know there might be things people don't like about the book. Personal opinions aside, please just look for glaring inconsistencies and things that would absolutely not work for anyone whatsoever. Like...sentence structure is completely retarded or there are "that that"s and missing words.

Critique Tolerance - Don't be a jerk. Sandwich rule is a must. I've been through betaing and the one style I don't like is the "OMG what the hell is this?". That's just rude.

Experience & Goals - Technically this is my second book, but I never went to beta with the first as it was slightly unfinished. I would like to publish if it's publishable.

Method of Communication - Email me @ PoppetKazutaka[@]insightbb.com / remove brackets.

Anything else? Violence, blood, gore, action... I've been told Carmine isn't someone you would want to meet in real life but that he's very interesting.

Oh, and if you want me to look at yours, I've been told I'm nitpicky. I do line by line style. Don't get your knickers in a twist because I said something to hurt your baby and then hurl the same thing back at me. I'm very kind in my betas, pointing out good and bad and suggesting, not telling, to change things.
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.