Beta partners needed for a completed, polished YA Fantasy

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
wordranger

Beta partners needed for a completed, polished YA Fantasy

Post by wordranger » January 13th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Hello all my fellow word-wranglers!

I am looking for an experienced beta-partner to read a completed, polished manuscript as a final “once over” before I submit.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT is a 110,000 word YA Fantasy. I need someone who can commit to turning it fairly quickly, (About 50 pages a week or more) but be thorough at the same time.

Here is my teaser synopsis to see if it is the kind of thing you’d like to read:

Darkness threatens the galaxy from within, coaxing and winning the people with its lies and promises. Magellan Talbot, a poor miner's son, is chosen by their Goddess to stand against it, sending the High Prince on a jealous rampage. Prince Stephen tries to kill the boy, but Magellan survives. The ordeal however, strips the boy of his memory.

Magellan’s loss leaves the galaxy vulnerable, and Darkness takes advantage. It overwhelms and traps the Goddess, leaving her weakened and fading. The only thing standing between Darkness and dominion is a young boy who has no idea that he is even involved. If Magellan doesn’t fight Darkness, it will smother the Goddess and the galaxy with her. Magellan can prevail, if he could only remember.

I’d be more than happy to do a beta-read in return. If you’d like to exchange first chapters to see if we are interested in each other’s work, please let me know.

If someone posts below that they are contacting me, don’t let that stop you from shooting me a line. I can juggle quite a few reads at the same time if they are good ones.

If you’d like to get a feel for who I am, and how ruthless I might be on your beta :roll: please visit my web site.
My door is always open. http://www.jennifermeaton.com
Words are your friend.
Don't be afraid to lose yourself in them.

Jennifer Eaton, WordRanger
My Novelette LAST WINTER RED will be published by J. Taylor Publishing in December, 2012

Take a Step into My World and Learn From My Mistakes http://www.jennifermeaton.com/

guichizango

Re: Beta partners needed for a completed, polished YA Fantasy

Post by guichizango » January 16th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Wordranger, I might be interested to do a swap with you, though I'm nowhere near an experienced beta reader. Let me know if you're still looking.

niklee90

Post by niklee90 » August 29th, 2012, 11:41 pm

Would love to swap a few pages and see if we're a fit for CP's. I've written a 75,000 word MG manuscript about a boy's uncertain journey into godhood.

Looking forward to a reply,
Nik

wordranger

Post by wordranger » August 30th, 2012, 9:33 pm

Thanks for the offer Niklee, but I am no longer editing this peice. Good luck!
Words are your friend.
Don't be afraid to lose yourself in them.

Jennifer Eaton, WordRanger
My Novelette LAST WINTER RED will be published by J. Taylor Publishing in December, 2012

Take a Step into My World and Learn From My Mistakes http://www.jennifermeaton.com/