Critique Partner Wanted for a Science Fiction Novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
matt

Critique Partner Wanted for a Science Fiction Novel

Post by matt » April 13th, 2011, 2:31 pm

Howdy,

I am in great need of a critique partner for the science fiction novel I’ve been working on. I’ve completed several drafts, and I’m going cross-eyed from reading it so many times. An experienced set of eyes would really be helpful. It’s my first novel, and I could use some guidance. I’d be happy to trade manuscripts. I’ll read just about anything.

My novel is about a fifteen-year-old (Lazarus) whose family moves to a colony in an alternate timeline where earth is uninhabited. It turns out the the earth isn’t actually inhabited, and some of the natives are hostile. They kill Lazarus’ dad and kidnap his sister. The novel is the story of Lazarus’ struggle to find his sister and avenge his father. It currently stands at just over 87,000 words.

Some have suggested when they heard the description of the story that I might want to classify it as YA science fiction, but Lazarus is older than 15 for most of the book. There’s also a level of violence I’m not sure is compatible with YA. I’m hoping a critique partner or two will be able to help me decide on that too.

I thank you for considering reading my MS.

If you’re interested, here is the thread where I’m getting some feedback on my query letter.

Matt

mnaylor3

Re: Critique Partner Wanted for a Science Fiction Novel

Post by mnaylor3 » April 14th, 2011, 3:24 pm

I'd like to read it. I'm PM you.