Comedy-based NA novella- Bukowski, McInerney, Palahniuk etc

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Tommy Vice

Comedy-based NA novella- Bukowski, McInerney, Palahniuk etc

Post by Tommy Vice » February 26th, 2011, 11:39 am

Ok guys I'll get right down to it-

Current Project: Badolescence (Novella) New Adult coming-of-age comedy- "One young man's first foray into adulthood via sex, drugs and other occupations." An 18 year old manchild is forced to grow up and experience life in all its awkwardness.
Inspired by writers such as Jay McInerney, Luke Rhinehart / George Cockcroft, Chuck Palahniuk, Bret Easton Ellis, Charles Bukowski, Dr Hunter S. Thompson, and Tom Kapinos. Also inspired by (and comparable to) multi-award winning British teen comedy/drama series' The Inbetweeners and Skins, and Kapinos' Golden Globe winning Californication.)
Crit needed: Partial / full read.
WLTM: Someone to treat me mean, give it to me straight up... Someone especially tuned to pacing and structure if possible... Someone who isn't offended by scenes of an explicit nature, recreational substance abuse or the occasional 4-letter Anglo-Saxonism.

Any and all welcome, I don't mind reading outside my genre. Used to read a lot of crime fiction, in particular Karin Slaughter's Grant County series and Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch novels, also Dean Koontz and Thomas Harris.

Many thanks in advance!