Need a Critique Partner for my YA novel!

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Natasha

Need a Critique Partner for my YA novel!

Post by Natasha » January 9th, 2011, 1:07 pm

I am willing to exchange the full novel, first chapters, first fifty chapters--whatever you want to do (if you want your work critiqued as well),
My novel is a paranormal romance/adventure (no vamps, werewolves, zombies, and alot of other things lol)

Please read my synopsis below and let me know if you're interested. I also wouldn't mind if you posted your synopsis as well. Hopefully we can make a perfect fit. :)

If seventeen-year-old Sharlet Gales had known she was dating the son of the devil, she might have reconsidered.

After being stalked by him for weeks, Sharlet finally meets Kalav Devilson when she threatens to kill him with the tip of her mascara pen. Nevertheless, she can’t go through with it because he is just the thing she needs to propel her static life into a matrix of uncertainty. And before she knows it, he turns her world upside down. No, literally—the trees hang down from the sky while they walk on top of the stars.

Kalav admits that he doesn’t want to be evil and promises to change; but after she finds out that he's still carrying out his father's agenda, Sharlet learns that she may not know Kalav as well as she thinks. Unfortunately, Satan doesn't like the changes Sharlet is trying to push on Kalav. He kidnaps Kalav, hoping to lure Sharlet, so he can dispose of her in his own domain. Sharlet grapples with moral ambiguity as she starts to realize that breaking up with Kalav isn’t enough. Because knowing the agenda means that she’s responsible. So Sharlet’s going in.

Sharlet finds herself navigating through Hell—a world with mermaids, deserts made of honeycomb, and carbonated lakes. The thing is, it's surprisingly beautiful—but everything here has its evils.

Sharlet believes Kalav can rise above his birthright. If he doesn't, however, she'll be a prisoner of hell for eternity. Sharlet's problem? Love might not actually be enough for him to change.

AMETHYST is a YA paranormal romance novel complete at 68,000 words.

mnaylor3

Re: Need a Critique Partner for my YA novel!

Post by mnaylor3 » January 13th, 2011, 11:28 am

I'd like to partner up with you.

lorimlee

Post by lorimlee » January 14th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Could I offer as well? Your story sounds fascinating. I'm currently in the final rounds of editing a YA urban fantasy.

mnaylor3

Post by mnaylor3 » January 18th, 2011, 10:23 am

Hey lorimlee, I haven't got a response for Natasha (the original poster). Want to team up?

lorimlee

Post by lorimlee » January 20th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Hi! Sorry for the delayed reply, I forgot to check the forum ^^; If you'd like, we could exchange first chapters and see if we connect in terms of critiquing?