Looking for a crit partner for my fantasy novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
kenmclovin

Looking for a crit partner for my fantasy novel

Post by kenmclovin » September 2nd, 2010, 3:48 pm

I've just finished my first draft plus basic editing, and am hoping to find someone willing to be honest and constructive to read it through. I am a voracious reader, and am willing to read any genre or style. Thanks- Ken

thewhipslip

Re: Looking for a crit partner for my fantasy novel

Post by thewhipslip » September 2nd, 2010, 5:24 pm

Do you have a summary, Ken?
http://elenasolodow.blogspot.com/ - Submit your 250-500 word excerpt to be read out loud in a vlog post!

kenmclovin

Post by kenmclovin » September 2nd, 2010, 8:37 pm

I'm nearly finished with the summary, just a bit of tidying up to do :)

Margo

Post by Margo » September 3rd, 2010, 11:12 am

What kind of fantasy is it? High, low, epic, urban, etc etc etc? Mentioning that might help you find a better fit with a crit partner.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

kenmclovin

Post by kenmclovin » September 3rd, 2010, 3:18 pm

Sorry guys, I'm brand new to this forum :)

It is a high-fantasy novel, 87,000+ words, titled "The City"

Thanks

thewhipslip

Post by thewhipslip » September 3rd, 2010, 10:14 pm

Ken - do you have the plot? It's hard to sign up to critique something without knowing what it's about. Thanks!
http://elenasolodow.blogspot.com/ - Submit your 250-500 word excerpt to be read out loud in a vlog post!

kenmclovin

Post by kenmclovin » September 3rd, 2010, 11:16 pm

It's been several hundred years since the Magicians took control of the River from the faeries. The humans have harnessed its flow, using it for themselves as, not only a source of food and water, but also as an engine to fuel their special systems. The line of Magicians has thinned, and their political strength within the walls of the home that they helped build, is failing. Most humans refuse to cross the boundary of the walls, time and rumors have made them afraid of their neighbors.

The faeries, still in control of most of the wilderness, have become jealous and bitter towards the people of The City, and interaction with the mortals is forbidden. Mother, however, the leader of the woods people, has been long missing, and some within her domain are growing restless.

Centuries after the nomadic humans began building their home on the outskirts of a wilderness, known as a home to many unknown creatures, a rebellious faerie named Bixby decides that he wants to know more.