Beta needed for Japanese fantasy--will return the favor

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Kalika

Beta needed for Japanese fantasy--will return the favor

Post by Kalika » July 3rd, 2010, 1:52 pm

Since most English language fantasy is based on medieval Europe, I thought I'd try a fantasy story set in a land resembling feudal Japan. In short, it's about a samurai clan whose duty it is to slay demons, set in a time where supernatural creatures of all kinds (good or evil) are fading away. Demons are therefore fighting harder than ever for their survival, at the cost of human lives.

I'd like a beta to go over the first three chapters (about 10,000 words) and point out rough spots, inconsistencies, things that just don't work, etc. I'm willing to do the same for you, as long as your novel is fantasy or sci-fi. If interested, please send me a query-type summary of the story and a couple sample pages of your novel. I'll do the same and if we're interested in each other's work, we'll be good to go ahead. :)

Email: flamel AT gmail.com

katbrauer

Re: Beta needed for Japanese fantasy--will return the favor

Post by katbrauer » July 12th, 2010, 6:04 am

Not sure if you've already found a critter, but I'd be game if you haven't. I also live in Japan, so maybe that'll help? However, I definitely don't live in medieval Japan!

Let me know. :)
:) Kat
365/三百六十五 Photo Blog
I'm hungry! Somebody make me a sammich!