YA Urban Fantasy CP

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
SariBelle

YA Urban Fantasy CP

Post by SariBelle » February 18th, 2015, 12:58 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for one or two critique partners (ideally the three of us would all work together!) for my YA urban fantasy. I've included a description at the bottom of the post.

I've been writing for around eight years and I work in the publishing industry. The genres I feel confident critiquing are fantasy (adult and YA), YA sci-fi and YA contemporary (although, be warned, I'm not a fan of sad books. Sorry, John Green fans!). While I'm no published author, I have enough experience under my belt to give helpful, constructive critique. I don't believe in pulling punches though, I'm not doing my CPs any favours by doing so, and I wouldn't expect my CPs to protect my feelings either!

I've decided this is the year of submissions, so for the next few months my focus is on taking my story to the next level. I'm looking for a CP who is confident in their knowledge of writing craft and story structure and can thoroughly tear my story apart, so when I put it back together again it's a much better version of itself.

I'd like a CP who has similar goals to mine and is serious about becoming agented and traditionally published, or is a bit further along the path than I am. I'm in a position where my MS is almost ready for a full read through, though I know from experience that this sort of feedback can be time consuming! I'm happy to give a full MS feedback, or feedback a chapter at a time.

If you're interested send me a message and we can exchange a few chapters to see if we're a good match!

WIP Blurb

Seventeen-year-old Edith Moon Blake, Blake to her friends, can fracture the earth's crust just by doodling a picture. What a shame the feel of a paintbrush in her hand is what she craves most. Blake is potentia, a human whose blood has been tampered with through generations of her ancestors, all so the gods can have their playthings. And she will do anything to be 'fixed'.

Lucas Elliott is a Guardian. Once human, now something more … or less. Dying time and time again, only to wake again in a new body, has stripped any semblance of colour from his world. He wants only two things: revenge on the god who destroyed his family and death. Not the temporary kind. Maybe a girl who can wield a paintbrush and destroy the world could give him both.

When White, a god who intends to see the rest of his kind kneeling before him, and humankind obliterated, sets out to control the ultimate weapon, Blake is firmly in his sites. Will Blake and Lucas get what they want most, or will stopping a madman and saving the world get in the way?

brittal13

Re: YA Urban Fantasy CP

Post by brittal13 » June 22nd, 2015, 11:14 am

Hello,

I hope you're still interested in finding a critique partner for your novel! My name is Brittany, a teenage girl from America. I, too, am trying to break into the publishing world with my young adult novel. I have written two and am working on my third (I hope to have a trilogy soon). I want to have them published as a teenager so the money I will hopefully earn can help pay for college.

I read your post about your novel, and I'm intrigued. I just found this website this morning, so I hope that you are still interested in me critiquing your work, and you critiquing mine. Though I don't have much experience with critiquing, I am sixteen and well aware of the young adult market these days, being surrounded by young adults and even being one of them!

So if you're interested in swapping chapters to see if we're good matches, feel free to respond and I hope this can work out well for the both of us.

Thank you! :D